Black textures everywhere since new update - Multiple people reporting

by SPLODGE0007

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Black textures everywhere since new update - Multiple people reporting

★★★★ Novice

From the legend select screen the graphics seem somewhat off. When dropping everything seems fine, but when landing theres a black circular shadow following my character around, the floor textures go black, weapons and items go black and supply bins go black when approaching them.

Multiple people are reporting this in nVidia cards, I've got a 5600 XT.

Usual trouble shooting done, clean boots, updated drivers, turned all settings to minimum and nothing is working.

This has only started happening since the latest update, example of legend selection screen below : 

Multiple people in-game and on the forums have reported this, is there anywhere that Respawn/EA are acknowledging it or is it a typical case of whatever EA release is broken as it isn't tested?

Message 17 of 47 (5,493 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Is anyone else having this weird shadow

★ Pro
@Konform103 Indeed a problem during update .. Click on Repair in the Origin game Library.. For me it was a 13gb repair and the black shadow/textures went away

For people who have limited monthly bandwith this 30+gb update/repair is too much.. As respawn stated hopefully the coming updates will be smaller in size

View in thread

Message 43 of 47 (6,183 Views)

All Replies

Is anyone else having this weird shadow

★ Pro

After todays update i have this issue where black shadows are created? Does anyone know why this happens or is it just me?

Anyway i have to be honest this has been the worst update so far

Regards

Here is a video of a youtuber how the firing range looked like before any changes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgIBlqztctE

Message 1 of 47 (5,414 Views)

★★ Novice
@Konform103 Exact same for me after update.
Message 2 of 47 (5,380 Views)

★★ Novice

Same here ... screen attached Frown

Message 3 of 47 (5,352 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Konform103 same thing :/
Message 4 of 47 (5,329 Views)

★★ Novice
@Konform103
Does it still happen if you set all lighting and textures etc to off or minimum?
Message 5 of 47 (5,325 Views)

★★ Novice
@TheOctoberStorm I tried everything in settings ... looks like some issue Apex - NVIDIA
Message 6 of 47 (5,317 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@nO_DaWeRsKiLL hmm, I'm not getting it and I have a GTX970. Have you tried the setting in the Nvidia control panel and have drivers etc up to date?

Message 7 of 47 (5,312 Views)

★★ Novice

I have RTX 2070, until update everything was fine. Drivers are up to date ( update was few days ago). Didn't try to change anything in Nvidia control panel yet. Brother is having same issue with GTX 970 ...

Message 8 of 47 (5,300 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hello,i can confirm this.weird shadow behind me

Message 9 of 47 (5,287 Views)