Re: Black screen on startup

by Skylinee8

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Black screen on startup

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Guys and girls,

So I saw there was an update on SWBF2. After updating the game I launched it, and gained a black and white screen, cut in the middle, followed by an endless black screen. 

Straight to the point, I can't start my game anymore. I don't even get the loading screen anymore, everything just stays black.

Anyone having this same issue? I tried repairing it but it didn't help, even turning of the origin in-game overlay didn't change anything.

With regards

Cypho

Message 1 of 15 (12,053 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Apprentice

@Cmdr-Cypho wrote:

If I delete the starwarsbattlefrontii file it simply says I have to redownload the game, no sign of any repair possibility

If you delete the .exe file, and then repair from Origin, it will only download the .exe file it is missing. You dont need redownload the whole game.

View in thread

Message 10 of 15 (12,241 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

Same here... and by watching the forums. ALOT of people has the same issue.

Message 2 of 15 (12,037 Views)

★★★ Novice

I wonder if it helps reinstalling the entire game..

Message 3 of 15 (12,029 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I have the same problem too Frown. Fixing the game in origin or any driver updates didnt help.

Message 4 of 15 (12,017 Views)

★ Novice

Same here

Message 5 of 15 (12,007 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Try deleting the starwarsbattlefrontii file and starwarsbattlefrontii_trial from the installation location and then do a repair on battlefront 2 from Origin. This fixed it for me!

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/have-a-new-patch-and-then-black-screen-can-t-play/m-p/644...

Message 6 of 15 (11,984 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same here...

Sometimes I get Black Screen. Other times a picture of a cloudy sky??

Message 7 of 15 (11,975 Views)

★★★ Novice

If I delete the starwarsbattlefrontii file it simply says I have to redownload the game, no sign of any repair possibility

Message 8 of 15 (11,971 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Apprentice

Got anything in EventViewer under Warnings/Display? After the patch, i can no longer run the game at my native refresh rate as GSync will not work and the display driver crashes if i alt tab out and back in to the game.

Message 9 of 15 (11,964 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@Cmdr-Cypho wrote:

If you delete the .exe file, and then repair from Origin, it will only download the .exe file it is missing. You dont need redownload the whole game.

Message 10 of 15 (12,242 Views)