Re: Black screen/Lag Issue

by proxos666

Original Post

Black screen/Lag Issue

★★★ Newbie

I’ve been playing SWTOR with no issues for approx a month - I got to chapter 3 of the consular story and when exiting the Defender to go to Voss, the loading screen freezes and I get a ‘Failed to load room dat file [/world/areas/4611686025383332936/hub2.dat] Reason: Not found’ error.

Around the same time I then started having issues with the game - when I loaded up, I’d get to character select and the menu and music were fine but the background was black. When I selected the character, the game would load with the UI visible and sound and music fine, but everything else appears black. Occasionally after 5 mins the image would load but be incredibly laggy.

The internet connection is fine and ingame displays 5 bars (with a ~30ms delay).

I chalked up the above the corrupt/missing files especially down to the missing dat error. I used the repair option in the non-streaming launcher several times but this made no difference. I then uninstalled the game completely, redownloaded and installed and I’m having the same issues. Does anyone know what could be causing this?

Message 1 of 2 (199 Views)

Re: Black screen/Lag Issue

@TBR166828 

Can you provide a dxdiag per this guide link

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 2 of 2 (187 Views)