Re: Black flickering screen.

by FootSoldier9908

Original Post

Black flickering screen.

★★★ Newbie

When playing pvz gw2 multiplayer I sometimes get a black flickering screen and its very annoying and I can't find the issue to my problem. Please helpp!!

Message 1 of 9 (771 Views)

Community Manager

@xXRisaBooXx Hi, does this happen intermittently or is there any pattern to it?

If you post your dxdiag details that may help, too. 

https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Thanks.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 9 (743 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am on xbox one. And the problem randomly occurs, I've reinstalled it. But I don't think that helped. 

Message 3 of 9 (731 Views)

Community Manager

If you're having display issues on console that can indicate issues with hardware or even heating. 

Can you try ensuring the system has relevant airflow?

https://support.xbox.com/en-IE/xbox-one/console/ventilation

If the issue persists, you may want to contact Xbox support to check for potential issues with your local hardware. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 9 (729 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_David Thanks. I'm pretty sure it has enough room for ventilation. And there isnt anything blocking the vents. And I don't seem to have this issue with other games.
Message 5 of 9 (718 Views)

Community Manager

Often with hardware failures, games that use a certain game engine or shared resources can be affected, even if other games aren't. 

If you have a clip of this flickering it may help us to understand the issue a bit better. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 6 of 9 (715 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_David No I do not have a clip of the flickering at the moment. Sorry.
Message 7 of 9 (710 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

You are correct. Good air flow is key especially with older systems. I've had this problem before on several occasions. Getting invited to a friends game that is on a different server and usually after playing for a while. With the server issue I did a hard reset and then invited friend to my backyard to get on a server with a better ping. With over heating, you should get a chill pad to sit under your system and keep it elevated. If playing less than an hour you should be all right. Anything over that time frame and I would recommend plugging the chill pad or fan into USB so it will push cooler air into your system. It helps if there is a vent to pull cold air from near by. If playing for long periods of time when you can actually notice a difference in the temperature from your gaming room and other rooms, get an igloo ice block and slide under the fan to push 50-60 degree air into the system for 10 minutes or so ever hour. A quick way to tell if your system is working too hard is by putting your hand on any side of the vents. If its warm, its twice that on the inside and will only get hotter with continued play. 

Message 8 of 9 (662 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I do have clips or screen shots let me check which account there on so I can upload for you.

Message 9 of 9 (661 Views)