Re: Black Square Texture Glitch Intel GPU

by EA_Atic

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Black Square Texture Glitch Intel GPU

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Hello, I have been having the infamous black box texture glitch whenever I play Apex Legends. I know that there's a working solution which involves telling Apex to run on the dedicated GPU -unfortunately my dedicated AMD GPU is prone to frequent crashes that cause my entire computer to become unresponsive. I've disabled the AMD GPU and have been using my Intel GPU exclusively. I was wondering if there was another work around for the black square glitch that does not involve switching to the dedicated GPU. Perhaps a console command which cause certain objects to not be rendered? Or maybe a texture mod of some kind? Thank you.

Message 1 of 4 (469 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Hey @Zeelmaekers thanks for the reply;

I just grabbed that screenshot from the internet as an example of the issue. I've uploaded different screenshots taken directly from my computer.

My dedicated GPU exceeds the minimum requirements, however I have had to disable my dedicated GPU for unrelated reasons. Unfortunately my secondary Intel Graphics 530 GPU does not meet the requirements. I meet all of the other system requirements. Is there anything I can try to fix this issue?

Thank you.

Edit: I was able to fix the issue by setting anti-aliasing to TSAA. (Whereas it was previously set to none).

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (437 Views)

All Replies

Hey @Axon9000 

That menu looks really old so I wonder if you still need help.
if so, Without running a dedicated GPU your system probably falls below the minimum system requirements.

The black boxes are also a sign that your system below the minimum system requirements.
Can you check if your system meets the system requirements?

Apex Legends - System Requirements 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png
Message 2 of 4 (459 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Hey @Zeelmaekers thanks for the reply;

I just grabbed that screenshot from the internet as an example of the issue. I've uploaded different screenshots taken directly from my computer.

My dedicated GPU exceeds the minimum requirements, however I have had to disable my dedicated GPU for unrelated reasons. Unfortunately my secondary Intel Graphics 530 GPU does not meet the requirements. I meet all of the other system requirements. Is there anything I can try to fix this issue?

Thank you.

Edit: I was able to fix the issue by setting anti-aliasing to TSAA. (Whereas it was previously set to none).

Message 3 of 4 (438 Views)

EA DICE Team
@Axon9000 Thanks for the update!

/Atic
Message 4 of 4 (392 Views)