Black Screen

by JMCelCruco

Original Post

Black Screen

★★ Novice

Hi

Recently I updated my Apex Legends, Origin, Nvidia drivers and  Windows 10 to the latest update, I've been getting this problem when my screen goes all black during fullscreen mode, I tried everything to updating stuff, to repairing the game, and trying different resolutions, but the problem keeps on. I tried the -windowed- and borderless commands, but the resolution is a problem in my laptop, if anyone knows a way to fix this, or have been getting the same issue, pls reply

Thanks

Message 1 of 7 (602 Views)

Apex Legends Black Screen in Full Screen

★★★ Newbie

whenever i open apex legends, it opens in windowed mode. I let the respawn logo and animation to load and press here to continue. When i enter the main menu i try to go full screen and the screen goes all black. When i move th cursor it seems like the game is running with the sounds playing when cursor goes onto any button, but the screen is still all black.

I tried repairing, updating drivers, reinstalling, also tried (uninstalling then deleting any apex related file then reinstalling). Nothing of which works. No matter how much i try but the game goes all black when i full screen

I can run the game in borderless mode on native resolution but the thing is, that eats up all my fps so i would like to have my full screen back. It used to run fine a few weeks ago.

my laptop general specs :- Intel core i5-8300H@2.3 Ghz , 8 GB ram , GTX 1050 4 GB, 

os- win 10 home

directX version :- DX12

I attached an image showing that the game runs in the windowed mode, but when i tried to go full screen and screenshot that with prt sc> It screenshotted the game screen even tho it was black for me it seems the screen shot shows whats going on

Message 2 of 7 (584 Views)

Re: Black Screen

Message 3 of 7 (574 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi

I tried all of the solutions you gave, and nothing seems to fix it, I will check deeper into the drivers rollback to see if I find one that it helps

Thanks

Message 4 of 7 (545 Views)

Community Manager

@JMCelCruco 

How did rolling back your drivers work out?

Blueberry.png
Message 5 of 7 (523 Views)

Community Manager

@JMCelCruco 

Were you able to find a solution for this? We would love to find out what workaround helped you out mark this as solved if that's possible. 

Blueberry.png
Message 6 of 7 (499 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@JMCelCruco @iSuckkAtFPS
I might have a solution for both of you
it worked for me
If you have your origin in your Desktop right click
gon on properties and choose compatibility go down and you will see a box that says " runs as administrator press that .
and be sure you have the same resolution in game as nvidia control panel.
Another tip , right click on your dektop and open nvidia control panel ,
go on adjust size and position and put entire screen

after that below is a box that says "perform scaling" choose monitor

At this point you should be more then fine
do All my steps and please reply if is helpfull for both of you!

Have a great day guys
See you around

King Regards ,
Banned_Che
Message 7 of 7 (496 Views)