Black Screen

by nSquared75

Original Post

Black Screen

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Fired it up tonight and the update ensued. Now, all I get is a black screen with John Williams playing in the background. My CPU and GPU are now maxing out. 7700HQ and GTX 1060 6GB. Latest NVidia driver.

Message 1 of 4 (315 Views)

Re: Black Screen

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@nSquared75

If you are playing from an initial install of the trial version - I would consider doing a reinstall, from the game itself's download now, or wait about 1.5-2 hours for my next post on an ongoing thread;

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/The-game-will-freeze-and-crash/m-p/6421859#M474

you can flip throught my posts/the thread and see, I too have been battling the chaos of bugs since the launch of trial :S I just ran the game and it was smoother than ever before (not fully downloaded yet, another 1hour 15 minutes left... anyway, follow the thread link above, I will post an update how it works out with re-installing via the game download and not the trial (support told me it was missing files).

Message 2 of 4 (298 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Yep, I'm getting a black screen when trying to start the game, I can hear the sound that it's loaded to the menu screen, but it's still totally black.

Message 3 of 4 (245 Views)

EA DICE Team
Hey @JaegerBomb777 sorry to hear about the issue you are having with Battlefront 2.

It sounds like a drivers issue with battlefront 2, I would recommend that you re install the GPU drivers.

Let us know if this work or not.

/Atic
Message 4 of 4 (231 Views)