Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Black Screen

by EA_Atic

Original Post

Black Screen

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Newbie

Fired it up tonight and the update ensued. Now, all I get is a black screen with John Williams playing in the background. My CPU and GPU are now maxing out. 7700HQ and GTX 1060 6GB. Latest NVidia driver.

Message 1 of 4 (118 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@nSquared75

If you are playing from an initial install of the trial version - I would consider doing a reinstall, from the game itself's download now, or wait about 1.5-2 hours for my next post on an ongoing thread;

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/The-game-will-freeze-and-crash/m-p/6421859#M474

you can flip throught my posts/the thread and see, I too have been battling the chaos of bugs since the launch of trial :S I just ran the game and it was smoother than ever before (not fully downloaded yet, another 1hour 15 minutes left... anyway, follow the thread link above, I will post an update how it works out with re-installing via the game download and not the trial (support told me it was missing files).

Message 2 of 4 (106 Views)

★★★ Guide

Yep, I'm getting a black screen when trying to start the game, I can hear the sound that it's loaded to the menu screen, but it's still totally black.

Message 3 of 4 (53 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager
Hey @JaegerBomb777 sorry to hear about the issue you are having with Battlefront 2.

It sounds like a drivers issue with battlefront 2, I would recommend that you re install the GPU drivers.

Let us know if this work or not.

/Atic

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* Tag me with @EA_Atic if you are responding to me. Thumbs up

* If you like the comments of other players please give them XP. :eahigh_file: 

* If someone has helped and solved your issue please accept it as a solution. Standard smile

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 4 of 4 (39 Views)

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help