Black Screen w/ Cursor, Sound, and Flashing on start, no video or input

by BrockaliBeastDP

Original Post

Re: Black Screen w/ Cursor, Sound, and Flashing on start, no video or input

★★ Novice

Hey again,

Sorry for the delayed reply, but I wasn't able to fiddle around with the DDU quite yet but I'm not sure I'm going to go too much deeper into this problem as I have just started building my own gaming tower that will (hopefully) have no trouble playing this game. I hope that if anyone else faced the same problems with running this game that this forum will help!

Message 11 of 18 (1,351 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I found that I had a flashing screen with cursor too in W7, tried -wondowless shorcut trigger with no luck. Wound up repeatedly alt-tabbing out of the window and clicking my way to settings wit the window out of focus until I could select windowed, then saved settings and voila.

Message 12 of 18 (1,312 Views)

★★★ Newbie

1 go to C:\Users\[USER]\Documents\Plants vs Zombies GW2\settings

2. open file PROF_SAVE_profile

3. change resolution to your screen resolution by updating following lines

GstRender.FullscreenWidth XXXX

GstRender.FullscreenHeight XXXX

in my case it was 

GstRender.FullscreenWidth 1920 

GstRender.FullscreenHeight 1080

Message 13 of 18 (1,118 Views)

★ Novice

Resolution change in settings file fixed it for me.

Message 14 of 18 (1,033 Views)

★★★ Novice

This is what worked for me for the black screen with blinking large cursor issue: Open C:\Users\<USER>\Documents\PVZ Garden Warfare 2\settings\PROF_SAVE_profile and modify the following lines:

GstRender.FullscreenHeight 1080
GstRender.FullscreenMode 2
GstRender.FullscreenScreen 1
GstRender.FullscreenWidth 1920

These settings change your startup screen resolution to 1080p (you might need to set different values if your default screen resolution is different) and switches to borderless full screen mode.

Message 15 of 18 (911 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

KANERONA

Thank`s, it`s work`s.

Message 16 of 18 (820 Views)

★ Novice
@WootCandy Yea I’m having the same problem my game is only showing the black screen with in game sound and the I game cursor bit it’s enlarged by a lot
Message 17 of 18 (599 Views)

Community Manager

@YRVIL wrote:
@WootCandy Yea I’m having the same problem my game is only showing the black screen with in game sound and the I game cursor bit it’s enlarged by a lot

@YRVIL 

The last response to this post is from 2017, so I will be locking this post down though to avoid further necroposting. If you still need help with this specific topic please create a new post on our boards.

• Don't "necropost." Reviving, updating or bumping old, outdated and irrelevant threads is not helpful for our community. It's best to check when the thread was created before you hit post, just to make sure it's not 2 years old for example.

If you're using any overlays like Discord and Origin In-Game, try disabling those before launching the game. If you perform a clean boot, you can quickly identify if it's a third party program running in the background.

How to Clean Boot your PC

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

Blueberry.png
Message 18 of 18 (559 Views)