Black Screen Battlefield V

by stepstoneslip

Original Post

Black Screen Battlefield V

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

2k resolution with 144hz refresh rate black screen

I have a 2k 144hz monitor with 2080ti, when adjusting the my refresh rate of full screen mode in option menu, it shows black screen. then I checked the setting files in Document/battlefilev directory,  the PROFSAVE_profile, it is not saying refresh rate is exactly 144, it set the rate slightly higher than 144, if I set the rate to 120 which is slightly lower than 120 according to the file, then it works fine.

is this a mistake or something else.

thank you 

Message 1 of 8 (1,334 Views)

Re: Black Screen Battlefield V

EA DICE Team

Hey @stepstoneslip, thanks for the information are you playing with DirectX 12 or 11?

/Atic

Message 2 of 8 (1,295 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi there @EA_Atic

i played with DirectX 11when experienced this issue, used to try with direct12 with two 1080 during beta, but got inconsistent fps preference, so havent tried direct12 with current version yet

thank you have a good one

Message 3 of 8 (1,279 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey @stepstoneslip, if you try with DX12 how is it working for you and do get the same issue? 

/Atic 

Message 4 of 8 (1,268 Views)

★★ Novice

hi there @EA_Atic

just tried with Dx12, there is no black screen anymore, but instead still the performance is inconsistent, every 2 -3 secs i feel the graphic freeze a little bit then back to normal, if my character is moving the freeze frequency feels like getting higher.

thank you have a good one

Message 5 of 8 (1,263 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey  @stepstoneslip with to days update do you have the same issue and performance? 

/Atic 

Message 6 of 8 (1,252 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

same problem ! 

my hardware: 

i7 8700k 5.2ghz @1.37v - delidded 
Asus ROG Maximus X Hero Z370 
16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX (2x8GB) DDR4 3200MHz C16 
Asus ROG Strix GeForce GTX1080TI-O11G 2050/6000 mhz 
Logitech G Pro Wireless - Sennheisser Gsp 600 - Soundblaster AE-5
Asus Pg248q (180hz,gsync,24zoll,fullhd) - Asus Pg27vq (165hz,gsync,27zoll,wqhd)

Message 7 of 8 (1,241 Views)

★★ Novice

hi there @EA_Atic

sry for the late reply, got home late, after the patch, the problem still exists, im not considering it as a major issue, just want you guys know that there is such thing exists, my thought would would be the slightly number above 144hz is not synchronizing with my monitor rating that causes the problem, and the small number err might be caused by machine floating number precision, which devs need to find a new magic number slightly smaller than 144 and keeping the floating number acceptable for computer to interpret.

now i just keep the 120 hz profile, and enjoy the game. 

thank you for your time and discuss this small issue with me.

have a good one.

Message 8 of 8 (1,211 Views)