Original Post

Highlighted

Biotic charge not triggering correctly

★★★★ Novice

Product: Mass Effect Andromeda
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
What edition do you have? Deluxe Edition
Physical Disc or Digital version? Disc Based Install
Summarize your bug I've had issues with biotic charge not activating properly. The majority of the time it works as intended, however there have been multiple incidents where it will not activate. I've gotten two messages when it doesn't work: "invalid target" and "target obstructed." This has affected multiple enemy types.
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
How long has this issue been happening? I don't know
Please select your region North America
Run the www.speedtest.net network benchmark and post your upload and download speeds.
What company provides your internet service?
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I am not sure what is triggering it. It has occurred on multiple planets, most recently on Eos. There were approximately four affected kett inside the Eos stronghold. This has happened with Destined, Anointed, Observers, Nullifiers, and Architects. I first thought it was related to whether or not they had a shield up, however this is not the case; I've been testing it and continued to try and charge at the affected Destined/Anointed throughout the entire encounter to no effect. It didn't matter whether the shield was up or what their health was. I was able to use charge during the same encounters with enemies of the same type/status (another Destined that also had its shield up, etc). Party members at the time have usually been Peebee and Vetra/Jaal. I've been using mostly charge and nova with one of the following: shockwave/singularity/flamethrower/remnant VI. When I first noticed it it happened every once in a while, but the occurrences have since increased.
What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card?
Please enter memory size in GB.

I've tried to replicate this bug, and I have succeeded... though I don't know what's actually causing it or how to replicate it on purpose.

Message 1 of 29 (1,953 Views)

Re: Biotic charge not triggering correctly

★★★★ Novice

I have this bug too, I have believe that it's whenever Peebee does a pull on an enemy, you're not allowed to charge at them ever again afterward. I could do it at first and it worked great together, but now she's actively sabotaging my efforts on my hardcore runthrough and causing me to die because now I can't my shields to replenish fast enough without charging. I've switched to Cora so I guess the Vanguard sisters are now in play, even though she doesn't have any biotic primers yet in my game.

Message 2 of 29 (1,931 Views)

★★★★ Newbie
I've had the same issue, even recorded the video from a few.
Message 3 of 29 (1,864 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I've also noticed it with Peebee. I was trying and sometimes successfully comboing with singularity as a primer, but I think sometimes if they are floating you can't target them with a charge? Like it might be not just be pull, but (occasionally/randomly?) any priming biotic field

Message 4 of 29 (1,850 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The first couple of times I used Peebee and charged an enemy she had in mid-air, it let me do it. I found it comical how the enemies flung. The past couple of planets, I have been getting "invalid target" on one target in a group even when they're on the ground. Only time I've encountered this is when I use Peebee and it doesn't matter who else is on my squad.

As far as target obstructed, I've just used my jump to bypass that 99% of the time.

Message 5 of 29 (1,832 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Just throwing my experience in, in case it helps. I also use Peebee - she's the only constant in my party. I see this with some regularity. One instance that stands out in my mind was a fight with a fiend on Eos in the middle of the desert. There were no other enemies. Charge wouldn't work (Invalid Target). Don't know if Peebee used pull, as (I believe) it doesn't work on fiends. Nearly killed me because I couldn't recharge my shields. 

This bug has killed me several times.

XBOne - Deluxe Edition

North America

Peebee & Drack

Biotic Charge, Biotic Lance, Incinerate

Message 6 of 29 (1,802 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I also always have Peebee in my party. I change everyone else out with regularity. I did notice that sometimes I'm unable to charge at targets Peebee's already used pull on. It used to work every time, however now I think on it, it's gotten worse the further I've progressed in the game. I'm still able to charge at them sometimes; just not often.

I've tried bypassing the "target obstructed" by jumping and hovering and it's probably effective about 50% of the time. I've saved several videos and watched them trying to figure out what it is that's causing it and I'm really at a loss. 

Message 7 of 29 (1,738 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I've had this problem as well, and while the most recent time I was with Peebee in single player like others have said, I was originally getting this bug in multiplayer from time to time before even starting the single player.

Message 8 of 29 (1,706 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yup, I use Peebee a lot because she makes me laugh but also get this "Invalid Target" thing pop up regularly too. Xbox One user here. 

Message 9 of 29 (1,647 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I only ever have this issue after Peebee uses pull. I've gone an entire playthrough without unlocking Peebee's pull and only had this issue when they were legitimately behind something or I was. Seems that is the reason why, for me at least. Would be nice to use that combo with her though. One of the main reasons I ran with her.

Message 10 of 29 (1,628 Views)

me-andromeda-fem

Keep your account safe

We'll make sure it's you by sending you a code for your trusted devices.

Learn more about Login Verification on EA Help

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help