Big horizontal stripes, probably colour banding issue

by derlokator

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Big horizontal stripes, probably colour banding issue

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Hi, on spawn menu animation and on mortar camera from the dreadnought (maybe more) i see the horizontal stripes you see in the picture.
I use a ASUS PG279Q (1440p, IPS Panel, I use 144Hz with 140 fps bf1 config file cap, Gsync).
Is that because the monitor does this because it is bad or because the monitor has a bug, or is it a bug directly from the Battlefield game? Thanks for help.
EDIT it is from the game, Please fix this, if still possible.monitor.jpg

Message 1 of 10 (2,818 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Horizontal monitor stripes on PG279Q from monitor or BF1?

EA DICE Team

Hey @derlokator Thanks for the report and information. I have not seen this issue before, can you upload a dxdiag to us, so we can see what drivers and hardware you got.

Try reinstalling the GPU drivers to see if there is an issue there.

You can also move the BF1 document folder to desktop and then start the game up and see if the same issue is happening.

/Atic 

View in thread

Message 3 of 10 (2,840 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

ah. It is probably from the game. Tested it from old Samsung monitor and from PG279Q. I know we had the last update. But Please Dice fix this. Seems like a Colour banding issue.
I see it from the airship bomb camera, from the Dreadnought mortar camera, from the spawn screen from Zeebrugge (the sea you see the Stripes), on flying at zeebrugge with the plane and on some spawn animations.

Also a lot of colour banding at the battlepack animation. 

Message 2 of 10 (2,767 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey @derlokator Thanks for the report and information. I have not seen this issue before, can you upload a dxdiag to us, so we can see what drivers and hardware you got.

Try reinstalling the GPU drivers to see if there is an issue there.

You can also move the BF1 document folder to desktop and then start the game up and see if the same issue is happening.

/Atic 

Message 3 of 10 (2,841 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

hi. here it is. Thaks for an answer, I appreciate it very much.

Okay, I try it now again and later if it is still there I remove it from D:\Benutzer\myname\Dokumente\Battlefield 1 to Desktop, Right?
Reinstalling is now a bit difficult, since for some reasons I dont know I Cant even open Geforce experience now. Maybe I can do it in some minutes.
Okay. I delete and reinstall now Geforce experience and then reinstall drivers and then upload a new txt document for you (done).
Now I test it again.

Message 4 of 10 (2,729 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Thank you very much, EA Atic! It is fixed.
A friend of me did some optimization on my pc and deleted all unneeded Background processes etc.

Now I reinstalled Geforce experience and the gpu Drivers and now I can´t see the Stripes at zeebrugge again.
I was too fast to blame Dice and Asus for that Problem, have to learn to first think what I can do.

Also the Colour banding at battlepack is better now I think, but it still could be better in my opinion, or Maybe not, because it is 8 bit…
if you download the pics and look Full screen you should see it. I hate Colour banding. I hope at 10 bit Panels in future we don´t see it. 

Message 5 of 10 (2,714 Views)

EA DICE Team

Awesome to see that it got Fixed! @DerLokator 

And nice skins you got there, I don't have the hellriegel one, but it looks cool. 

/Atic 

Message 6 of 10 (2,686 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Thx. I don’t use the hellriegel lol, in future probably though, but mostly I play sniper, medic, or fly as the Red Baron  Wink 

Message 7 of 10 (2,677 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Hi @EA_Atic I now found the true reason for the horizontal Stripes. At Bf1 and BFV Beta the horizontal Stripes are there, if you have Ambient Occlusion: SSAO in the Video Settings with a 1440p monitor. At 4k and 1080p it might be okay, I don´t know, but a friend told me it is because it doesnt calculate it Right for 1440p so you get the Stripes with SSAO at 1440p.

Greets Der Lokator

Message 8 of 10 (2,601 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey @derlokator Thanks for the update. Standard smile 

I'm using a 1440p monitor my self at home I have not come across this issue my self while playing. I will do some troubleshooting to see if I can get the same effect but so far I have not. Not saying it is not a thing. 

/Atic 

Message 9 of 10 (2,593 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Yeah I saw that at the Rotterdam water in spawn screen with SSAO. Other games have that too.

https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/5300220654

they say it’s because sth like smoothing the lighting with SSAO.

Message 10 of 10 (2,588 Views)