Re: BfN not working (PC)

by iluminatethesky

Original Post

Accepted Solution

BfN not working (PC)

★★★★★ Expert

Friday (1-29-21) it was fine, had no issues. Saturday I went to play and it loaded up but then crashed. It then either fails to load all the way, or it loads up only briefly, or crashes out while on the blue loading screen.

I ran the repair option and that didn't fix it, I then uninstalled and reinstalled it to no avail. My PC has been rebooted a couple of times and still it does this. I was just now able to go and use the XP machine a bit, but then it crashed to desktop with no warning again. I don't get any error messages, it just stops working and dumps me to my desktop.

All this time Garden Warfare 2 and all my Steam games have worked absolutely fine so it's something with BfN itself.

Message 1 of 10 (947 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★★ Expert

Not sure what's up with the friends list thing but I appear to have fixed the BfN issue. I went and updated my video drivers and now it's fine. I've seen issues with drivers before, but never this severe and nothing else was bothered by that, but after doing so I was able to play normally and level up my CItron in a free roam zone so things look good.

View in thread

Message 9 of 10 (889 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

Hey @Iron_Guard8,

Long time no see Standard smile

However, have you tried clearing Cache and running Origin as admin?

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

- iluminate

★★★★★ Expert

Hey there @iluminatethesky  I always run Origin as admin. I have not tried clearing the cache yet, but to be honest that's never fixed any Origin issues I've had in the past, I'll give it a try though. I'm seeing this from other PC players too lately, as well, so wondering what is going on.

Has been a long time! I don't see you on my Origin friend's list anymore either.! The one friend that has been showing playing BfN for the past week every time I check is finally not in game though! XD

Message 3 of 10 (940 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Iron_Guard8,

Hmm, that's odd. Are you running anything else in the background? I haven't had any crashing issues as of late.

And it's not there anymore? I'll have to send you a friend request again, not sure what happened Devil

★★★★★ Expert

The cache deletion did not fix it, just tried that. Loaded it up and immediate crash to desktop with no warning while loading again.

Not sure what the friend's issue is either, @iluminatethesky . Something is funky for sure, I sent you a friend invite as well and don't see your invite at all. I'm still using Origin, not the new desktop.

Message 5 of 10 (927 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Iron_Guard8 ,

Whoops, hit the wrong button, haha.

Anyways, have you also tried repairing the "Picnic" file in the EasyAntiCheat setup?

Make sure you're closed out of Origin first though, then run as admin, and re-launch BFN.

And thanks, I'll accept soon! 

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

How would one go about performing this repair? I've never messed with the anti-cheat stuff as I never wanted to false flag it!

That didn't work either, still just getting booted out at random to desktop.

Message 7 of 10 (919 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Iron_Guard8,

Weird! I wonder what's happening.

Do you have any other background apps open in Task Manager?

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/programs-that-may-cause-conflicts-with-origin/

And have you tried a Clean Boot as well?

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

I know this is a lot of stuff to go through Embarrassed

★★★★★ Expert

Not sure what's up with the friends list thing but I appear to have fixed the BfN issue. I went and updated my video drivers and now it's fine. I've seen issues with drivers before, but never this severe and nothing else was bothered by that, but after doing so I was able to play normally and level up my CItron in a free roam zone so things look good.

Message 9 of 10 (890 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Iron_Guard8

Glad to hear!

Now i can accept as a solution :P

Haha