Beware hosting friends in your backyard

by Wh00FlungP00

Original Post

Beware hosting friends in your backyard

★★★★★ Newbie

While hosting a friend in my backyard last night we found an unusual thing happened. My friend wound up down in the sewers while backpedaling from enemies, he explored around and found the mysterious ( star hungry) fish. He then asked me about the fish and what it does, I told him it gives 750 xp per 5 stars, a  he wanted to do it and had some stars so he did. The issue is that he did this about 5 times and realize it wasn't taking his stars total down but was giving him the xp. Turns out it was taking the host (my) stars to pay for his xp. I'm not sure why or how but it did so players beware of friends, and the mysterious fish in your backyard.

Message 1 of 5 (319 Views)

Re: Beware hosting friends in your backyard

★★★ Guide

@Wh00FlungP00 Does it work in the same way for sticker packs? :P   Because if it does i'll be the most friendly out there.... Just kidding.

Seriously now, this seems like a major violation issue that need some quick investigation to determine if that was an isolated case or it is indeed an exploit bug.

Message 2 of 5 (308 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
It appears to but only for the visitors. I logged in my account as a main ( host) and my sons as the friend and while it seems more likely that it's a split screen bug i was able to recreate it. The fish and sticker packs both. While in control of the visitors character I was able to spend the host stars and coins. The fish was more discouraging to find out about as it allowed them all to be used, as it went for the coins I limited it to purchasing 2 minions booster packs.
Message 3 of 5 (303 Views)

★★★ Guide

Let's hope this reaches Popcap and they address it in the upcoming patch. Just avoid the fish while in split screen, plus I doubt that while playing together your kids will actually take advantage of this and viceversa Wink

Message 4 of 5 (292 Views)

★★★★ Guide

From what I seen this only works in splitscreen nothing to do with friends.  The one thing was using stars with the fish is all just avoid that and you are okay since its just splitscreen I think you will have good control over watching if your stars are being spent Standard smile, as for coins they were spent from each account accordingly.  

Message 5 of 5 (277 Views)