Re: Been lagging terribly

by GodOrestes

Original Post

Been lagging terribly

★★★ Novice

Sometime ago apex was running fine and connection seemed to be stable with the occasional red symbols,

however, our internet was accidentally disconnected and the occasional black outs.

After that the game had been lagging real bad. (idk if its solely server issue) 

The prediction lag seems to always appear, along with the latency symbol and the occasional packet loss.

1.) Ive tested some of the games on my steam and they seem to have fine connectivity

2.) Tried updating Nvidia servers, no use.

3.) Uninstalling, reinstalling, verifying, changing drives and no result

4.) fiddling with the video settings and Nvidia Control Panel gave no conclusion

5.) Flushed DNS, restarted ra

Message 1 of 16 (583 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@-CNRDCL- well you did everything but try to change your DNS to primary 8.8.8.8 and secondary 8.8.4.4
Message 2 of 16 (559 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@mrdoom500Didnt work sadly, tired it on ipv4 and still got the red symbols and blurring graphics.
Tried changing the router slots too which is now use.
Im just gonna throw my conclusions to the servers though.
Thanks by the way Standard smile

Message 3 of 16 (544 Views)

★★★ Novice
@-CNRDCL- Dude been happening to me since yesterday. I played normally and since then i've been getting prediction errors and its unplayable. Contacted the direct chat, did everything including UOT tracker and they said to me to contact my ISP lmao.
Message 4 of 16 (518 Views)

★★ Pro

@GodOrestes wrote:
@-CNRDCL-Dude been happening to me since yesterday. I played normally and since then i've been getting prediction errors and its unplayable. Contacted the direct chat, did everything including UOT tracker and they said to me to contact my ISP lmao.

Whilst I cannot speak about performance issues regarding Apex on the PC (as I don't have one) I have been playing Apex on both the PS4 & Xbox One since since season 1 with the PS5 since season 9 & I first started encountering performance/server issues in season 6 last year.In seasons 7 & 8 yes there were issues but not as bad as season 6.Season 9 was a terrible season for me & although I did manage to buy a PS5 I just couldn't play Apex for days even weeks because of the constant high ping data centers.Despite the promises by Respawn devs on fixing the terrible server & various performance related issues that went along with it ie lag spikes,same stuttering,rubber banding & game freezing etc but in truth nothing got fixed.And ho-hum here we are weeks into season 10 & still nothing  fixed or remotely looking like things are getting resolved & it's all very well Devs or insiders tweeting people about investigations into this & that & issues being resolved 'soon' (whatever that is supposed to mean) the truth is persistant problems have been dogged this game for months many of us are a bit long in the tooth to believe anything will be fixed soon.

GodOrestes you may well have problems with your ISP but thousands of us who comment on various forums (like this one),social media,on Youtube etc are experiencing the same performance issues suddenly all have bad internet & yet EA/Respawn servers are somehow trouble free I very much doubt it.I play various multiplayer games online & yet Apex is the main game I have server issues with on pretty much a daily basis.

Message 5 of 16 (506 Views)

★★★ Novice

This.

The ISP in my country is notorious for being very slow.

But I have never seen too much terrible connection than apex among any other games.

I really hate waiting it out but it seemed like there is nothing that I can do but to just contact my ISP.

Message 6 of 16 (473 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yeah, it very all of a sudden, I tend to get a lot of prediction error symbols pre-unplayable lag, and its nothing game-breaking

but right now it's just downright unplayable and nauseating.

Message 7 of 16 (471 Views)

★★ Pro

For me the game has hit a wall it's unplayable in the state it is with continuous lag spikes,game freezing & stuttering etc which has persisted in the game that many of us have been affected by for months.There clearly is either the lack of will or lack of knowledge on the devs parts to fix these issues & the old mantra about carrying out 'investigations' they trot out just doesn't cut it anymore.It seems to me for a while now that Respawn/EA are merely content with a drop-off in a number of players that are suffering these performance issues just as long as they have a core base of players now.More players mean a bigger bandwidth & more servers for the game to operate on which EA probably don't want to budget for.It took Cyberpunk devs about a year to fix the bugs that crippled that game so do people think Apex will be fixed in that timeframe? on current trajectory & player drop-off I don't think the game will be around in a years time.

It just seems that Respawn/EA have adopted the 'like it or lump it' approach where you either play the game with whatever issues there are that impact your game or play something else.Unfortunately for them we are about to hit a busy period for game releases in the run up to Christmas with the likes of Deathloop,Far Cry 6.Fifa,Battlefield etc.

Message 8 of 16 (452 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Redmattgame Idk dude, if a lot of us across the board got problems with our ISP then APEX should sue them for making their game unplayable or...

Maybe its them!
Message 9 of 16 (421 Views)

★★ Pro
@GodOrestes I play a multitude of online multiplayer games but Apex is by far the game with the most problems/server issues for me.Apex is the only game that has me regularly testing my internet speed, carry out internet connection tests on my PS5,PS4 & Xbox One before even attempting to play the game.This is all before on the Apex menu that tells me the lowest Data Center ping in my location (London) is over 100ms & packet loss is just a bonus.But even if data centers are low it's in game problems that's the killer when lag spikes, screen freezing rubber banding are frequent occurance particularly when enemies are on the screen.And why is it a pretty much guarantee that with every Apex Event only adds to the performance issues the game has.

Message 10 of 16 (401 Views)