Batttlefield 1 sniper won’t fire

by warriorcheif

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Batttlefield 1 sniper won’t fire

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

All guns, grenades, and gadgets work fine but when I play multiplayer and choose Scout class none of my sniper rifles fire.  I can zoom in and spot people but when I pull the trigger, it’s as if it was dead.  I have the game on disc and all updates are installed.  I don’t play campaign, only multiplayer.  Anyone know what’s going on/how to fix this?  Controller is likely not the issue, since all the buttons and triggers work on different classes, other  than scout.  I can use medic & sniper but not sniper rifles from the sniper  class itself.

Message 1 of 8 (1,537 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Batttlefield 1 sniper won’t fire

Hero
@warriorcheif Oh I play on Xbox too bud so you definitely can do this. I've also got the trigger sensitivity at 0% on the Elite controller app too lol.

I could well be wrong about the problem but it's definitely worth a quick go. I'd recommend this anyway though to be honest as I find I can fire the semi-automatics quickly.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

View in thread

Message 4 of 8 (1,466 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@warriorcheif Most likely your controller isn't registering a full press, which sniper rifles need to fire. Try changing your trigger sensitivity to 5% in the game options (I use this as well as trigger locks and basically just need to touch my trigger to fire).

Message 2 of 8 (1,501 Views)

★★ Novice

I didn’t realize you could do that in game.  I’m playing on Xbox One nit PC, in case that matters.

Message 3 of 8 (1,496 Views)

Hero
@warriorcheif Oh I play on Xbox too bud so you definitely can do this. I've also got the trigger sensitivity at 0% on the Elite controller app too lol.

I could well be wrong about the problem but it's definitely worth a quick go. I'd recommend this anyway though to be honest as I find I can fire the semi-automatics quickly.

Message 4 of 8 (1,467 Views)

★★ Novice

I’ll try next time I plsy.  Thanks for the tip,🤟🏼

Message 5 of 8 (1,443 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@warriorcheifTried & still can’t  use scout class. Tried another controller & still no dice. Quality game and support...

Message 6 of 8 (1,237 Views)

EA DICE Team
@warriorcheif you are on a player helping player forum and getting help from another player.

TBH did you try another controller and see the same experience is there?

/Atic

Message 7 of 8 (1,056 Views)

Champion (Retired)
@warriorcheif It's the triggers on your controller, the snipers require a full press to fire as @ElliotLH pointed out, i had this same issue on release.

What controller are you using? If you're using the elite controller then switch the trigger button underneath the controller so it will fully press.

If you're using another controller then make sure your triggers are fully able to press. And yes all other guns will work because they don't require a full trigger press.
Message 8 of 8 (1,027 Views)