Battlefront promo items not working as intended

by Galaga2020

Original Post

Re: "Physical PC edition, redeem your exclusive ‪#‎SWTOR‬ rewards today!&am

★★★ Newbie
Having the run around at the minute.

I contacted EA European support and they told me to contact SWTOR support. I called SWTOR and they said it is the responsibility of Amazon UK to insert the code into the game case.

I then contacted Amazon, fantastic customer service, they call you back and really try to help. Anyway, it looks like in the UK they have no knowledge of the SWTOR promo code so in the end I was told to speak to SWTOR support.

I called SWTOR support and I was again told it isn't the responsibility of SWTOR and they can't do anything, it is down to the retailer.

Come on SWTOR, this is your game and you aren't taken any responsibility at all - very disappointed, I expected more to be honest.

I did only buy Battlefront for the SWTOR code also Frown
Message 21 of 28 (796 Views)

★ Novice

I have the Pre-Order Standard Edition for PC.

Message 22 of 28 (768 Views)

★ Apprentice

To me it looks like the BW, Battlfront(EA) teams are doing thier best to beat around the bush!

EA and BW... Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest´!

Message 23 of 28 (738 Views)

Re: Battlefront promo items not working as intended

[ Edited ]

The promotion didn't exist when the pre-order editions where made, hence no leaflet insert, the editions released with the leaflet seen below are eligible for the promotion.

@EA_Nils wrote:

@Galaga2020 Hi,

If your physical copy of Battlefront for PC is eligible, it will contain a SWTOR leaflet that looks like my sample image below. The code will be 16 digits long and can be redeemed at http://www.swtor.com/redeem-code as explained on http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/7422

swtor-battlefront-promo.jpg

Should you have such a leaflet, but the 16 digit code isn't working, please get in touch with http://www.swtor.com/support so they can assist you further.

Note: Redeeming your 20 digit Battlefront game code will not work.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Cheers,

Nils

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 24 of 28 (731 Views)

★ Apprentice

@proxos666

Hi.

Sorry but i do not agre with you on this. BW/SWTOR team and EA messed up, and they never mention that you are only eligible if there is a leaflet insert with your pre ordered hard copy of Battlefront! All they say is:

Facebook: If you snagged @EAStarWars Battlefront PC hard copy, claim your free #SWTOR Tauntaun and Thermal Ret...

Facebook: Between #Battlefront and #FallenEmpire, it's a great time to be a #StarWars fan. If you purchased th...

Twitter: If you snagged @EAStarWars Battlefront PC hard copy, claim your free #SWTOR Tauntaun and Thermal Ret...

Twitter: Between #Battlefront and #FallenEmpire, it's a great time to be a #StarWars fan. Redeem your exclusi...

I pre ordered and bought a hard copy of the game because i wanted those SWTOR rewards, otherwise i could of just pre ordered on Origin(who had their own rewards that i now missed out on)!!! So i want the BW/SWTOR team and EA to do the right thing and show us some goodwill, and grant us who pre orderd a harcopy of Battlefront our rewards!

Cause right now this feels like a lame rouse by the BW/SWTOR team and EA!!!

Message 25 of 28 (714 Views)

[ Edited ]

@PeterGun-SWE

There is no inserts in the pre-ordered copies. Was this advertised with the pre-orders ? I see no mention of pre-ordered copies.

The Old Republic@SWTOR Nov 24

PaulPrice74 If you picked up the Battlefront physical PC edition, redeem the code found on the packaged SWTOR insert!

I don't have these items either

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 26 of 28 (708 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@proxos666

Thats my point mate...

IF YOU GOT A HARD COPY OF THE GAME THEY SAY YOU ARE ELIGIBLE!

Seriously, you are not helping right now...

And BW/SWTOR should do the right thing!!!

Message 27 of 28 (681 Views)

★ Novice

So lame...

Message 28 of 28 (648 Views)