Battlefront promo items not working as intended

by Galaga2020

Original Post

Battlefront promo items not working as intended

★ Apprentice

First off here are the instructions on how to redeem the items on here   but off course like most stuff there seems to be some type of error within the system on the SWTOR.COM end so the database isn't working for players.

Message 1 of 28 (5,411 Views)

Re: Battlefront promo items not working as intended

Hero

I found a thread on it here:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=854745&highlight=battlefront

Looks like a few others had issues as well.  If your not able to get the code to work I would contact customer service to see if they can apply the code for you or the items directly as this is not something they could resolve via the forum.  You can contact them here:

USA: 1-(855)-345-2186
UK: (0203) 0141 826
Germany: (0221) 8282 9212 (Phone support available from 09.00 CET - 21.00 CET)
France: +33 (0) 4 81 68 10 51 (Phone support available from 09.00 CET - 21.00 CET)

You can also contact them via Skype by calling them and adding:

855-345-2186

Simply set the country to U.S.A and you can call them for free

More information using Skype can be found here:

http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/5200

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Server: Satele Shan

Volunteer forum moderator, I do not work for EA / BW.
Message 2 of 28 (5,376 Views)

@Galaga2020

I will flag this for investigation and passing back to swtor

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 3 of 28 (5,377 Views)

★ Apprentice

yeah I know who you are Standard smile the person who actually did help people on the forums not like the CS that gave terrible forum support to quality subscribers.

Message 4 of 28 (5,366 Views)

Community Manager

@Galaga2020 Hi,

If your physical copy of Battlefront for PC is eligible, it will contain a SWTOR leaflet that looks like my sample image below. The code will be 16 digits long and can be redeemed at http://www.swtor.com/redeem-code as explained on http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/7422

swtor-battlefront-promo.jpg

Should you have such a leaflet, but the 16 digit code isn't working, please get in touch with http://www.swtor.com/support so they can assist you further.

Note: Redeeming your 20 digit Battlefront game code will not work.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 5 of 28 (5,338 Views)

★★★ Novice

@EA_Nils Hi,

"If your physical copy of Battlefront for PC is eligible" So what makes my copy eligible? I pre-ordered the Day One Edition of Battlefron for PC at Amazon.de and received it yesterday without an extra SWTOR leaflet. But wasn't it stated that everyone who purchases a physical copy for PC will get those items?

Thanks in advance.

Message 6 of 28 (5,289 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I cringe even as I'm saying this. I was gifted a physical copy of the game. I opened/used the code to the game on my origin account, and looked more closely at the inserts that came with my game... I found that I did not, infact, have the code for the mount or armor in the game. No insert at all. I looked at my case and realised it was a 'download only' copy. so although I have a physical copy of the game, since it is a digital download and only came with the code on a physical piece of paper, and a pog and some other adverts, my copy was apparently not eligible. From what I have been able to gather, only 'physical copies' that have a DVD inside them are eligible.

I am curious if CS would be willing to apply codes to the accounts of the players that have physical copies of the games, can show the receipt from one of the physical-digital copies. I am not at all happy with this. It seems very shady to make it a guessing game on which copies are 'eligible' and which are not.... 

Message 7 of 28 (5,234 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Bloody help if you say its a leaflet. Thought for two days is redeem copy of battlefront it self.

Message 8 of 28 (5,215 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have physical copy and thought for two days it same redeem copy to registrate the game.

Yea's, do you ever learn EA make these things crystal clear.

How would i know it a leaflet which i did not get in my hardcopy is not in there ?

Message 9 of 28 (5,212 Views)

★ Apprentice

I didnt get the code/leaflet with my hardcopy aswell...

EA...  I want my stuff NOW!

Message 10 of 28 (5,175 Views)