Re: Battlefront II won’t pass loading screen

by ggibb65

Original Post

Battlefront II won’t pass loading screen

★★★ Newbie

I bought Battlefront II a few weeks ago and it has been working perfectly fine. However, the other day it stopped working at all. First it would say the game could not launch in time, wasn’t downloaded, or another error message. Sometimes it would just crash. I restarted my Xbox several times, relaunched the game, and even uninstalled and reinstalled it. 
   Now it is stuck on the first loading screen. The loading icon is moving, but nothing changes. Here is what I have tried:

1. Cycling the Xbox
  2. Restarting it (console and game)
  3. Reinstalling the game
  4. Reconnecting to the internet
  5. Changing the DNS to Automatic
  6. Changing DNS to Manual at 8.8.8.8. (to check for updates)
  7. Unplugging and reinserting the hard-drive
  8. Launching the game without signing in
  9. Clearing the Cache
  10. Waiting

I don’t think it is the hard drive because other games still launch from it. I’m also not getting any more error messages It is the first loading screen where the game is booting up. I really don’t know what to look for. 

Message 1 of 2 (223 Views)

Re: Battlefront II won’t pass loading screen

[ Edited ]
Champion

@WalrusBearCatThe question is what has changed? Was there an Xbox update just before it stopped loading? You stated that you unplugged and reinserted the hard drive. Are you running it from an external drive? If so try installing it on the internal drive.

I had a similar problem with extremely slow loading times on my XB one X. Had to do a factory reset to fix. There are 2 options for the reset -RESET & DELETE EVERYTHING or RESET & KEEP MY GAMES & APPS. Use the 2nd option and see how that goes

"I am not an EA employee. Just a fellow gamer trying to lend a helping hand. I don't know everything but will attempt to find a solution to your problem. If I have helped, please click on the XP button below. If I have solved your problem, Then click on the Accept as Solution Button. Have Fun."