Battlefront II won’t launch on Xbox One

by bubby0919

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Battlefront II won’t launch on Xbox One

★★★ Newbie
I bought this game for my son today. We waited for it to install all day and now when he tries to launch it, he gets a black screen and then it goes back to the Xbox home screen.

It’s an Xbox One S. Brand new game and console. Anyone know how to fix this?
Message 1 of 29 (27,378 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Battlefront II won’t launch on Xbox One

★★★ Newbie

Thanks for your reply. I decided to give it one more try: removed player data, removed game, logged out profile, reboot console, logged back in, reinstall the game and didn;t touch anythng till the game was fully installed.. and.... it worked! Standard smile

View in thread

Message 29 of 29 (12,008 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

note, some answers here come directly from EA's Answer HQ on certain forums to maximize your issue troubleshooting *

Hello @bubby0919,

Merry Christmas! Tried to lookup your issue on EA's Answers HQ and forums and found little to nothing regarding crashes of the game that I thought was of help.

Please refer to this link from Xbox Support (all rights go to them) regarding game freezing/crashing: Xbox troubleshooting/game freeze solution

(If you don't feel safe opening this link I will leave the pages contents below)

It's frustrating if you experience problems playing games on your Xbox One console. For example, a game might freeze or quit unexpectedly.

Sometimes a game freeze or startup problem can be caused by a temporary issue that can be corrected simply by exiting and restarting the game. To begin troubleshooting, first try exiting to the Home screen. Here’s how:

Step 1:

1. Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide.

Note Some game freezes may prevent you from exiting the game. If you are unable to return to the Home screen, select No below to continue troubleshooting.

Step 2:

1. Press the Menu button on your controller and quit the game.
  2. Try restarting the game.

Also, Common errors are:

In-correct or corrupt game files preventing the game from the launch of the game.

Try reinstalling the game.

Other member's answers:

- go to network settings on Xbox
- go to advanced settings
- go to DNS settings
- choose 'automatic'
IF that doesn't work:
- go to DNS settings
- Choose 'manual'
- type in each box one 8 so it looks like this: 8.8.8.8 (this is googles address or something)
- if it asks for a secondary address leave that blank
- launch BF2
- it will open a message saying it needs an update or it needs a patch

IF all of this doesn't work:
Change it back to automatic again

I am not an official electronic arts employee. All rights and privileges go to EA.
Message 2 of 29 (27,244 Views)

★★ Novice
I'm having the same problem. It's NOT the Xbox cause all my other games work and I installed a different game and it worked fine. It's just star wars battlefront 2 that DOESN'T WORK. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game SEVERAL times and reset my Xbox SEVERAL times but still I can't even get this game to launch.
Message 3 of 29 (27,024 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same problem. I can't get past the 82% install when it stalls out. I've waited for hours and nada. grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Message 4 of 29 (26,961 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Mine just won't read the disc. And it's not the system, I can play every single other game I have but when I put swbf2 in it just asks "Do you own this game"
Message 5 of 29 (26,684 Views)

EA DICE Team
Hey @bigmac563 Try cleaning the disk reader if it cant read the disk. What console do you play on?

Hey @ElJay1951 what platform are you on?

Hey @knight00300 try to do a power cycle on the console.
Here is a link on you do one: https://support.xbox.com/en-IE/xbox-one/console/power-cycle-console

I hope this helps! Standard smile

/Atic

Message 6 of 29 (26,653 Views)

★★ Novice
I've done a power cycle several times still doesn't work. Everytime I try to launch the game it goes to a loading screen for 5-10 seconds then sends me back to the Xbox dashboard.
Message 7 of 29 (26,611 Views)

★★★ Novice
So this issue recently just started in my Xbox one x , tried restart, uninstall and reinstall game won’t launch and get strange sound from only the game. All other apps and games and the Xbox itself appears to be finctiionjng fine. Star Wars Battlefront Ii won’t launch .
Message 8 of 29 (25,833 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey, @ElohimRev201115 @bubby0919 Try clearing the saved data and clouds saves for SWBF2. (This will remove Singel player and arcade progression. anything multiplayer will be saved on our systems.) 

let me know if this fixes anything! 

/Atic 

Message 9 of 29 (25,816 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the same issue on xbox one, started a week ago.  Launch game, splash screen comes up, then goes blank and back to home screen.  All other games / apps work fine.

Tried deleted saved game data, uninstalling and reinstalling.

Message 10 of 29 (25,601 Views)