Battlefront II doesnt launch

by PFZheng

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Battlefront II doesnt launch

★★★ Newbie

I just downlowded it and when I press play i just pop up a system message that says "the program couldnt launch correctly press accept to close program" I tried lots of solutions in youtibe and other places but they doesn't work.

Message 1 of 4 (1,253 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Battlefront II doesnt launch

★★ Novice

1. Allow Origin and Battlefront through your antivirus (doubt it helps)
2. Verify your game files via steam or origin.
3. Update your Operating System, and then make sure to check for Video driver updates.
4. Put the root EXE file for Battlefront 2 as run as administrator (remember this)
5. If it still does NOT work.  Take the run as administrator away and only have fullscreen optimizations on (THIS ACTUALLY WORKED FOR ME)

After I verified the game was running like intended,  I went ahead and removed the fullscreen optimizations and played the game fully. 

I hope this helps quite a bit as I had to do my own testing as it was not written anywhere I've looked. 

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (759 Views)

All Replies

EA DICE Team

Hey, can you try a clean boot to see if any programs are messing with SWBF2  and turn off any overlay programs, such as Discord or Nvidia experience.

Can you add a Dxdiag so we can see what hardware and drivers you have? 

Let me know if this works or not for you. Standard smile

/Atic

Message 2 of 4 (1,210 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@EA_Atic HI the clean boot didnt work. I'm adding the Dxdiag as you said. Sorry for responding soo late. Thanks

Message 3 of 4 (1,019 Views)

★★ Novice

1. Allow Origin and Battlefront through your antivirus (doubt it helps)
2. Verify your game files via steam or origin.
3. Update your Operating System, and then make sure to check for Video driver updates.
4. Put the root EXE file for Battlefront 2 as run as administrator (remember this)
5. If it still does NOT work.  Take the run as administrator away and only have fullscreen optimizations on (THIS ACTUALLY WORKED FOR ME)

After I verified the game was running like intended,  I went ahead and removed the fullscreen optimizations and played the game fully. 

I hope this helps quite a bit as I had to do my own testing as it was not written anywhere I've looked. 

Message 4 of 4 (760 Views)