Re: Battlefront II does not recognize keyboard or mouse input [Solved!]

by kshafe

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Battlefront II does not recognize keyboard or mouse input

★ Apprentice

I have spent several hours on this. I’m to the point I want my money back for the game. When I get into the game, keyboard and mouse are not recognized at all. I use windows key to get back to desktop. My mouse and keyboard work in any and every other game so it’s isolayed to solely Batttlefront II. I have gone as far as doing a clean install of windows and installing only origin and battlefront II.

Message 1 of 149 (131,369 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

No thanks to  EA, I have found the resolution to this issue.    While searching for info on something else, I stumbled upon an article on vulkk.com.   https://vulkk.com/2017/11/12/star-wars-battlefront-ii-problems-fixes/    apparently Battlefront II has some sort of an issue with TeamViewer.   strange, but true.   all I had to do was close TeamViewer and Voila! Solved.   I tested it several times by turning off, then on again to continually replicate and solve the issue.   

Side note.. EA "customer support" ( I don't think they know what customer support or service is... just saying.. ) insisted that the problem laid within my hardware and that I needed to take my computer to a "pc expert" to have my machine fixed... when I asked for the guys supervisor, he said that was "impossible" and then he hung up on me.   the reps tag that came over on my email was Aayushmaan D.    Dealing with their "support" is a horrendous experience.   EA has no real concern for their customers or their experience.   

View in thread

Message 2 of 149 (146,013 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

No thanks to  EA, I have found the resolution to this issue.    While searching for info on something else, I stumbled upon an article on vulkk.com.   https://vulkk.com/2017/11/12/star-wars-battlefront-ii-problems-fixes/    apparently Battlefront II has some sort of an issue with TeamViewer.   strange, but true.   all I had to do was close TeamViewer and Voila! Solved.   I tested it several times by turning off, then on again to continually replicate and solve the issue.   

Side note.. EA "customer support" ( I don't think they know what customer support or service is... just saying.. ) insisted that the problem laid within my hardware and that I needed to take my computer to a "pc expert" to have my machine fixed... when I asked for the guys supervisor, he said that was "impossible" and then he hung up on me.   the reps tag that came over on my email was Aayushmaan D.    Dealing with their "support" is a horrendous experience.   EA has no real concern for their customers or their experience.   

Message 2 of 149 (146,014 Views)

Re: Battlefront II does not recognize keyboard or mouse input

★★★★★ Novice
Well I have the same issue, but no TeamViewer installed. 😕 Nothing in the background.

I am on W10 and use a mouse and keyboard. However since the patch today I get into the main menu and it's as if it the game now thinks I am using an Xbox controller or something (i dont have one). My mouse cursor has gone and the options at the top says press LB or RB and to quit the game or do something it's A or B. If I press Escape my screen flashes very fast and I can see my mouse cursor flashing also.

The only at I can quit is by hitting escape and the space bar. Up until the update it was fine. Any ideas??
Message 3 of 149 (131,167 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hey,

I had the same issue this morning.

May it be that you use any Steelseries products?

For me it caused and solved the issue by adjusting the mouse settings.

Check the mouse acceleration at win settings.

Win settings > devices > mouse > further options > pointer setting > switch off acceleration

regards

Message 4 of 149 (131,139 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Hi,

I had exactly the same problem and solve it in the same way that for Battlefront 1: Disable Origin in game

Hope it will also fix this old EA - Origin - Battlefront problem

Regards

Message 5 of 149 (131,126 Views)

★★★ Newbie
OMG! This is it! i been dealing with this for the last 4 f**ing hours!!!
Even reinstalled the full game. (and downloaded the 60g). Thanks. Thank you so much
Message 6 of 149 (131,097 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Solved mine by removing all extra USB devices. It saw my HOTAS as a console controller.

Message 7 of 149 (131,025 Views)

[BUG] Disappearing Cursor or Infinitely loading cursor Battlefront II

★★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars Battlefront II
Platform:PC
What is your issue related to? General
Summarize your bug Invisible cursor cant find it tried restarting PC and restarting battlefront II but wont work pls help! cant even press ESC and cant join battles in main menu! and sometimes the cursor just loads something heres video proof https://youtu.be/0SbSEfl-Adg
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Federalnoob
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug? Sunday, December 31'st, 2017
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) 11:13
In what game mode did the bug occur? Arcade Mode
What is your time zone? EST (IET) - GMT - 5:30
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Im not sure
What happens when the bug occurs? No cursor so cant click anything or cursor infinitely loading
What do you expect to see? The game working properly
Please select your region North America
AMD or Nvidia Model Number GeForce GTX 1060 6GB device id:10DE 1C03 85AE1043

https://youtu.be/0SbSEfl-Adg

Message 8 of 149 (83,424 Views)

Re: [BUG] Disappearing Cursor or Infinitely loading cursor Battlefront II

★★★★ Novice
i saw in the video that you had discord on and i also have the same bug and discord. so i thought why not quit discord and then start the game, BOOM it worked. i think discord overlay makes the bug happen. So just quit discord before starting the game and then start discord again will fix it
Message 9 of 149 (85,644 Views)

★ Novice

this ended up being my problem too, fixed. thanks

Message 10 of 149 (130,553 Views)