Battlefront II campaign runs horrible.

by fmj68

Original Post

Battlefront II campaign runs horrible.

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

The campaign on Battlefront II runs horribly on my gaming desktop. Constant stuttering, FPS drops and the cutscenes play even worse. The thing is, the game plays beautifully on a laptop. The specs on my desktop are an Nvidia GTX 1060 GPU, Intel I5-7400 CPU and 8GB DDR4 RAM. Origin and my graphics drivers are all fully updated. Please help!

Message 1 of 8 (631 Views)

Re: Battlefront II campaign runs horrible.

EA DICE Team

Hey, @fmj68 Thanks for the information! 

Can you upload a dxdiadg to us, so we can see what drivers and hardware you have? 

What you can try to do is a Clean boot, it to see if there any programs or overlays that not playing nice with SWBF2. 

Thanks!

/Atic

Message 2 of 8 (615 Views)

★★ Novice

Here are the results of the dxdiag. I believe no issues were found. How do I perform a clean boot?

Message 3 of 8 (602 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

Hey @fmj68 sorry, I total missed to add the link to the clean boot. 

Here it is: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/ :eahigh_file:

/Atic 

Message 4 of 8 (583 Views)

★★ Novice

Still runs like complete trash after performing a clean boot. Please explain to me how the game can run fine on a mid range laptop, but terribly on a superior desktop PC? My desktop machine runs ALL other games perfectly except for Battlefront II. Makes no sense whatsoever.

Message 5 of 8 (568 Views)

★ Guide
Hey mate.
I can see you are running DX12, Sometimes that messes with the computer during games.

Is it only in BF2 its bad or is it in general?

I can see you are using HDMI to your screen, I would recommend to switch to the Display Port if you have a newer screen.

Let me know if it helps
Message 6 of 8 (550 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@MLB2CLG wrote:
Hey mate.
I can see you are running DX12, Sometimes that messes with the computer during games.

Is it only in BF2 its bad or is it in general?

I can see you are using HDMI to your screen, I would recommend to switch to the Display Port if you have a newer screen.

Let me know if it helps

Hey. I have DX12 turned off so I don't think that is the problem. Star Wars BFII is the only game giving me problems. All other games run beautifully. As far as Display Port is concerned, my monitor doesn't support it.

Message 7 of 8 (543 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey @fmj68 What game modes are you playing that making it lag for you and you don't have any network warnings in the top corner? 

What you also can do if you have not already is: 

• Reinstall GPU drivers 
  • CCleaner to remove old files from the PC. 
  • Delete the document folder for SWBF2 ( removes settings, save files and arcade progress). 

/Atic 

Message 8 of 8 (459 Views)