Re: Battlefront II Fully downloaded but still says Downloading, Can only play Ar

by DarthRaph1995

Original Post

Re: Battlefront II Fully downloaded but still says Downloading, Can only play Ar

★ Apprentice

Good luck with that.

together with BF2 I installed Origin the very first time on my brand new computer.

So I am not very faithful that cleaning the whole EA/Origin * really helps.

But I will try this myself.

And I dont think that your internet connection sucks.

It took me 16 hours to download BF2 with 100 Mbit/s cable connection.

EAs servers seem to be as good as their troubleshooting abilities :-/.

Message 31 of 54 (7,308 Views)

★ Apprentice

UPDATE

I was able to start the game when starting Windows 10 in safe mode with Networking.

Tested this a few times and it works every single time.

Afterwards I tried deactivating several Services like...

- Firewall

- Anti Virus (Bitdefender)

- Steam Services

- Logitec Services

- etc.

...but I am still not able to play the game when booting Windows normaly. 

So maybe you have some further ideas?

Cheers

n9e

Message 32 of 54 (7,268 Views)

★★ Guide

@null9elf Forgot if I mentioned this already, port forwarding?

Port Forwarding -- https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/opening-tcp-or-udp-ports-for-connection-issues/#battlefront

Message 33 of 54 (7,262 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Update. Clean install download did nothing (not supprised). Still getting a fully working Starkiller base arcade mode and that is it.

Will try safe mode plus a few other things later today but fast running out of things to check/test.
Message 34 of 54 (7,254 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I also have the same issue HELP!!!

Message 35 of 54 (7,246 Views)

★ Novice

Hello, i had this problem, only arcade worked, and game did not install 0% all the time, i did a "clean bot" on my windows 7, and now it worked.. search it up its no so hard. fast and easy

but now i did not get to play star wars today, used all night figuring this out, now im going to sleep.

I could not wait to take my computer to the living room on my 55inch tv with 4k this friday.. but then all this * * happend.

* this game and * EA for not having a better launcher, and * them for destroying my star wars hype for this friday night.

Friday destroyed.

Message 36 of 54 (7,232 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

ha thanks man you are my savior it's work now Standard smile  can I reactivate all the services now?

Message 37 of 54 (7,212 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@magzix3 Mate, you're a bloody ripper.

Update for everyone else. What magzix3 has suggested has worked (in part) here for me. Doing the clean boot for Windows 10 (v 1709) has now allowed me to launch the full game 3 times in a row with perfect success. The campaign starts smoothly (quit after a min just for testing).

I used the steps here on this website for a windows 10 clean boot: http://www.thewindowsclub.com/what-is-clean-boot-state-in-windows      I've never had to do this before. 

This is telling me that there is some form of incompatibility with either a startup .exe OR a service on my machine with Battlefront II (2017). As a number of people on this forum are listing similar issues this tells me this service or system is common amongst us PC users. 

I am still putting this down to a clear fault with the game and ea service need to address this as a matter of priority. A number of people on this forum are listing this exact problem or similar. Simple reasoning why this is an EA/Battlefront 2 issue is that every other software and game on my rig runs perfectly without having to spend over 24 hours fault finding, redownloading, testing and actively following these forums for solutions. 

As for this evening I'm going to enjoy this game for the first time (if nothing else goes wrong). Tomorrow will go through (hopefully) every service and startup .exe within the clean boot system configuration to try and work out exactly where the clash is. 

P.S. Just a sneaky suspicion. How many of us with this issue are running either asus hardware (MB, GPU etc) and or asus front end software (AI suite / fan controllers etc)? Will be trying these first thing tomorrow. 

Good luck all!

Message 38 of 54 (7,182 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

UPDATE (problem solved):

I also did a clean boot and disabled all non Microsoft services.

Afterwards I switched all the services back on, one by one.

After around 150 reboots, I was able to locate that single one service which caused all the trouble:

ASUS ROG Game First III

I uninstalled it, switched all the other services back on and - finally - everything works perfectly.

I really hope this might help you guys, too. If you have any further questions, just let me know.

Cheers

n9e

Message 39 of 54 (17,313 Views)

★ Novice

omg you beautiful *!

Killed Asus services and it booted into the full game, not the "arcade 0% installation" prison i have called home for 2 days.

In the past there had been randomly occasions it had booted the full game but it was terribly sluggish, its even smooth.

Message 40 of 54 (7,145 Views)