Re: Battlefront II Fully downloaded but still says Downloading, Can only play Ar

by UnKnownWeasel

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Battlefront II Fully downloaded but still says Downloading, Can only play Arcade

★ Apprentice

Pre loaded Battlefront II last night, the Download finished and says 0h 0m 0s remaining, Its been like that all day. Went to play tonight when the servers opened up and can only play Arcade, Still says the game is downloading even though its at 100% Help!! 

Message 1 of 54 (10,537 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Battlefront II Fully downloaded but still says Downloading, Can only play Ar

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

UPDATE (problem solved):

I also did a clean boot and disabled all non Microsoft services.

Afterwards I switched all the services back on, one by one.

After around 150 reboots, I was able to locate that single one service which caused all the trouble:

ASUS ROG Game First III

I uninstalled it, switched all the other services back on and - finally - everything works perfectly.

I really hope this might help you guys, too. If you have any further questions, just let me know.

Cheers

n9e

View in thread

Message 39 of 54 (17,316 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@O-Thunderchild-O The game has to both download and then install. During the installation pe, iod the Starkiller Arcade mission is available to play.

Darko.png
Message 2 of 54 (10,491 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

I've run in to the same problem the only difference is that, I can play the game the first time I open the game but the second time i open the game it will only let me play the arcade and tells me that i have a 0% progress to lunch full game, if i uninstall the game then reinstall it just repeats.

Message 3 of 54 (10,486 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice
Hi, Im having exactly the same problem here.

Launched the arcade to check things out on first download at around 30% download complete. Arcade worked fine.

Finished download, launched game but only booted into the starkiller base arcade mode ( 0% installed, launch full game geyed out).

Did a repair and just once, only once did the full game boot. On clicking the campaign mode I got a CTD.

Every time I now try to start the game it only loads the starkiller Base Arcade map (0% installed, launch full game greyed out).

Ive had a look at some of the other pc launch issues, tried reinstalling and updated win10 to 1709 with no luck.

Any feedback from Ea would be great.
Message 4 of 54 (10,471 Views)

★ Apprentice

Is it normal for it to take 12 hours (and counting) to install?

Message 5 of 54 (10,449 Views)

★★ Guide

@O-Thunderchild-O @Scholesy92

Try removing the documents folder and running a repair;

Move the "STAR WARS Battlefront II" folder from "C:\Users\UserName\Documents\STAR WARS Battlefront II", to the desktop

reboot computer
Finally, run the repair tool

Make sure it's not AV/Firewall/Ports and/or power settings;

See #2A & #2B on this list,

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/PC-Star-Wars-BF-2-Fixes-For-Everything-D/td-p/6424768

Those first two options are the quickest to try for resolving, other mentions are Direct X (mentioned at the top of the list), followed by various other problems/solutions.

Let me know if something works Standard smile

-----
Other PC Fixes for Star Wars Battlefront II
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/PC-Star-Wars-BF-2-Fixes-For-Everything-D/m-p/6424768#M704

Message 6 of 54 (10,445 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thanks will try those, Can you tell me where to find the repair tool? UPDATE the game now says 99% Downloaded but nothing is downloading

Message 7 of 54 (10,440 Views)

★★ Guide

The cog/gear Icon - 

Origin_Game_Repair_Setting.png

Message 8 of 54 (10,435 Views)

★ Apprentice

@c2a2f2b7f1ca3466 My Cog only says Pause Update, Cancel Update, remove from favourites, Game properties, Hide. No repair option

Message 9 of 54 (10,427 Views)

★ Apprentice

I just cancelled the update, the Repair button then appeared, Am repairing now, Will Update you on the outcome lol (PS ty for helping me) Standard smile

Message 10 of 54 (10,426 Views)