Battlefront II Freezing and Crashing to Xbox Dashboard after Most Recent Update

by SumOddLife

Original Post

Re: Battlefront II Freezing and Crashing to Xbox Dashboard after Most Recent Upd

★★★ Newbie
Just happened to me as well. I’m trying to uninstall/reinstall.
Message 61 of 174 (1,631 Views)

Re: Battlefront II Freezing and Crashing to Xbox Dashboard after Most Recent Upd

★★★ Newbie

It does not crash when i play extraction but on every other mode it does

Message 62 of 174 (1,609 Views)

Champion

@EA_Ataashi - (Platform Xbox one) Problems kept popping up so I decided finally to reinstall the game. I had the digital download version and had to re-download the 65 Gb again. Fortunately, it had all the updates already installed so I didn't have re-do them. Since the re-install 3 days ago and plenty of play time, I have had no further issues to date.

"I am not an EA employee. Just a fellow gamer trying to lend a helping hand. I don't know everything but will attempt to find a solution to your problem. If I have helped, please click on the XP button below. If I have solved your problem, Then click on the Accept as Solution Button. Have Fun."

Community Manager (retired)

Thanks for the confirmation @ggibb65 Thumbs up

/Ataashi

Message 64 of 174 (1,573 Views)

Champion
@EA_Ataashi - OOP's spoke too soon!!! Played Extraction last night and the problems re-emerged. "Game ended No Data available until next round" kept coming up game after game and went to black screen when I quit to relaunch game. Looks like re-install did not fix the problem.
"I am not an EA employee. Just a fellow gamer trying to lend a helping hand. I don't know everything but will attempt to find a solution to your problem. If I have helped, please click on the XP button below. If I have solved your problem, Then click on the Accept as Solution Button. Have Fun."

Re: xbox one swb2 crashes to main menu

★★★ Newbie

I am unable to even load the game. I open the game, it starts to load and then crashes and takes me back to the dashboard. The game is 100% unplayable. I just recently purchased it. What a waste of money. 

Message 66 of 174 (1,547 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Everytime Battlefront 2 tries to load the new Kessel map on any game mode, even in arcade my game crashes and sends be back to xbox home screen. Ive tried all the solutions i can think of but nothing seems to work.

Message 67 of 174 (1,541 Views)

Battlefront ll wont launch since last update

★★★ Newbie

Can't launch the game on xbox one, it foes to the first image of the game and then turns back to home. Do I have to delete and reinstall the game?

Message 68 of 174 (1,455 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: Star Wars Battlefront II
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One S
What is your issue related to? General
Summarize your bug:

In the beginning of Campaign Mission: Endor, when loading the AT/ST explosion, the game freezes with audio tearing, and crashes to the XBox Home.  This is digital copy as well 
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? CedTheBeast0422
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug? Every time since I bought the game on Saturday June 16th, 2018.
What time did you see the bug? All of the time, every time.
In what game mode did the bug occur? Campaign
What is your time zone? Pacific Time
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Start the Endor mission, shoot the first few enemies, then watch the at/st explode.  Game freezes.
What happens when the bug occurs? visual freezing with audio tearing and then the game crashes to Xbox Home
What do you expect to see? Progression to allow further gameplay.
Please select your region: North America
AMD or Nvidia Model Number: Xbox One S

Message 69 of 174 (1,520 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey everyone!

I'm sorry to hear that the problem still occurs @ggibb65 Frown

Studio is still looking into this. No ETA to share at the moment, but I'll keep you updated.

/Ataashi

Message 70 of 174 (1,464 Views)