Re: xbox one swb2 crashes to main menu

by ggibb65

Original Post

Re: Battlefront II Freezing and Crashing to Xbox Dashboard after Most Recent Upd

★ Novice

I just bought the game, and when I get to the Luke Skywalker mission which is on that island, the game freezes and crashing and turns off my Xbox one. I cannot get passed this mission without have the game freeze, crash and then turn off my Xbox one. I hope that they will fix this issue. Now I cannot play the campaign until they fix this issue. Was so looking forward to playing these missions, now I cannot play the campaign whatsoever.  

Message 121 of 174 (1,919 Views)

Re: Battlefront II Freezing and Crashing to Xbox Dashboard after Most Recent Upd

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hotfix to be released Wednesday for xbox1 users.  I hope it will fix mine and your issues with the game.

MeagerJarl1039🙂

Message 122 of 174 (1,896 Views)

★★ Novice

Unfortunately, the update today didn't help as my game crashed just a about half an hour ago. What was worse was that it made my Xbox completely shut down from the crash. I did the reinstall idea, but if it happens again, I'll respond.

Message 123 of 174 (1,844 Views)

★ Novice

Luke Skywalker mission crashes entire Xbox. WTH? How is the game still bugged so long after launch?

Crashed once in mission and now is crashing during loading.

Message 124 of 174 (1,663 Views)

★ Novice

I tried again last night and no crash. Phew. I was wondering why I was playing it on console vs. PC, consolec supposed to be stone stable. Excellent campaign though. Enjoying it.

Message 125 of 174 (1,642 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@EA_AtaashiGot the "No Data Available....." again yesterday whilst playing Extraction. Had to use US Virginia ping site (can't get a game on Aus Ping). I was playing to get the daily challenge "Eliminate 10 enemies around payload" - this challenge always confuses me because I never know if the enemy has to be around the payload or myself. Anyway. I had played 2 rounds of extraction (Tattoine & Kessel) with 15 - 18 kills in each. Matchmaking was just starting so I thought I would check to see how the challenge was going, quit the game to get back to the menu showing challenges. I forgot to say that both rounds I was playing as an Imperial trooper. The challenge had only registered 0 kills out of the 30 odd I had achieved. I searched again and was put back on the same match on Kessel I had just finished at the final scene and when the scorecard came up, It showed exactly the same score as the one when I had quit prior(Deja Vu?). MM took me to the next map (Kessek again), played out the match again as an imperial trooper). When that finished the No data etc screen came up. Played another match with the same message. Quit game altogether and relaunched with no further problems.

As a side note: played one match as a rebel trooper with 18 eliminations and only 2 registered in the challenge so I am still confused with the wording of the challenge. It appears you must be next to the payload when you eliminate an enemy when he is next to the payload?

"I am not an EA employee. Just a fellow gamer trying to lend a helping hand. I don't know everything but will attempt to find a solution to your problem. If I have helped, please click on the XP button below. If I have solved your problem, Then click on the Accept as Solution Button. Have Fun."

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I'm having this same problem, but on the "Discoveries" campaign mission. It tries to load it up, freezes and after a while, my entire Xbox One X turns off. I have reinstalled the game and still no luck for me.

Update:

I was able to successfully complete the mission by installing & playing it on a regular Xbox One.

Message 127 of 174 (1,494 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Yep, ours is crashing on an xbox one x during the Luke Skywalker mission. I can't believe that a game this old is still locking up on a console. 

Message 128 of 174 (1,430 Views)

Champion

@ggibb65 wrote:

As a side note: played one match as a rebel trooper with 18 eliminations and only 2 registered in the challenge so I am still confused with the wording of the challenge. It appears you must be next to the payload when you eliminate an enemy when he is next to the payload?

Hey Gibb.  Yes, you are correct. I have found you can only score when almost touching the payload and those you kill must be near as well.. Contesting the control!..  It is a difficult one..

GLHF - Good Luck Have Fun.
If any message helps you, please give it a bit of XP!
Volunteer EA Answers HQ. I dont work for EA.
Message 129 of 174 (1,405 Views)

Champion

@ConanDLibrarian wrote:

Yep, ours is crashing on an xbox one x during the Luke Skywalker mission. I can't believe that a game this old is still locking up on a console. 

Hey Zohar.  Most if not all the lock ups occur for me, due to a poor connection to the internet. The 1' and 0's coming thru so fast tend to hiccup when another device on the system draws some bandwidth away.

Try a clean reboot of the router / WiFi before you start to play and most if not all the crashes will stop!.  Hope this helps...

GLHF - Good Luck Have Fun.
If any message helps you, please give it a bit of XP!
Volunteer EA Answers HQ. I dont work for EA.
Message 130 of 174 (1,406 Views)