Battlefront II Crashes on the First Loading Screen.

by WaterWelon

Original Post

Battlefront II Crashes on the First Loading Screen.

★★★★★ Novice

I bought the game last night and have yet to be able to play it... I have scoured the forums for an answer to my problem, but I have yet to find any solution. Basically what happens is I boot up the game through origin, the game starts to load (The little icon in the top right is moving as it should, so I know that the game is not crashed yet.) after about thirty seconds the icon turns grey and stops moving, then after about another ten seconds the game closes with no error message or anything. I have tried reinstalling Origin, Restarting my PC, clearing all origin caches, Running Origin as an administrator, Turning off all anti-viruses, Repairing the game, Using CCleaner, Performing a clean boot, Resetting my host file, Turning off all third-party overlays and Origins overlay, and Clearing temp files. Any help would be very much appreciated, Thanks in advance.

Specs:

Intel i5 8600k

GeForce GTX 1070

8GB DDR4 Ram

Windows 10

Message 1 of 30 (1,824 Views)

Re: Battlefront II Crashes on the First Loading Screen.

★★★ Apprentice
Same problem here. When you enable DirectX12 does your game also keep loading non-stop? I have tried so many things and still found no solution.
Message 2 of 30 (1,795 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Yep, same thing. It seems like this has been an issue for awhile for alot of people. EA really needs to do something.
Message 3 of 30 (1,790 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Agreed. They should do it fast, we're all losing patience.
Message 4 of 30 (1,788 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
I really just wanna play this game.
Message 5 of 30 (1,786 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Just to check something, what is your windows version and game driver version?
Message 6 of 30 (1,781 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Windows Version: 1809
Nvidia Graphics Version: 417.35
Message 7 of 30 (1,778 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
The same version, I think I will see if I can reverse the Game Driver and see if it works.
Message 8 of 30 (1,772 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

It's not really non-stop... it just loads about 10 minutes after latest patches. Ofc if you won't do anything else on your computer. As soon as the game loses focus, it cuts off GPU and stops loading things into it. Not recoverable case scenario. Easy to check that out with some GPU monitoring tool. After ALT+TAB when loading it just stops any GPU activity.

Still... this is ridiculous!!!! HOW COULD YOU RUIN THE GAME THAT WAS MUCH BETTER IN BETA STATE THAN AFTER LATEST PATCHES?! WHAT THE F IS WRONG WITH YOU EA?!

Message 9 of 30 (1,765 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
I actually launched the game and went for driving for 20+ minutes and then came back, and the game was still loading. Should have been 30 minutes past, so I don't know, gonna install an older game driver and see if that fixes the problem.
Message 10 of 30 (1,758 Views)