Battlefront II Crash On Loading Screen & Loads Forever

by SWVIII

Original Post

Re: Battlefront II Crash On Loading Screen & Loads Forever

★★★ Apprentice
@Carbonic Would not feel comfortable doing this since I intended my Windows to be loaded on my primary drive on SSD. Also, don't think it will fix the problem since all my other games work.

@proxos666 Tried it now, even with clean install options, but did not fix the issue.

@IIPrest0nII Tried it, still the same issue.
Message 31 of 77 (2,432 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Oh yeah forgot to mention, I opened task manager and while the game is loading, it shows it's using 0% CPU. Could this be the problem? And how would this fix it?
Message 32 of 77 (2,429 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi, sorry I m no expert, but I had same Problems with GTX1060.

Game was constantly crashing back to Origin, I could rarely load the Main Menu but then mostly crashed while loading even to Single Player.

Do you have the 417.35 Drivers?

This is what I did:

1) 417.58 Driver Fix for 417.35 Drivers

https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4758/~/geforce-hotfix-driver-version-417.58

2) Close any running ASUS Graphics Software if you got an ASUS Card.

3) Disable Ansel:

Go to C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\Ansel\Tool

Run NvCameraConfiguration.exe and check disabled at the bottom.

Loading Times are now better for my 6 GB RAM *yep real old PC*, Game STARTS  and I dont get so much shuttering. Weird stuff.

Good Luck, tell me if it worked <3

Message 33 of 77 (2,391 Views)

★★ Novice

I use AMD graphic card,driver up to date but suffer the same issue.Not a graphic card/driver issue

Message 34 of 77 (2,375 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Tried doing that, did not work for some odd reason.
Message 35 of 77 (2,333 Views)

@SWVIII

Disconnect all USB devices from your machine (Use a different mouse or keyboard if you can) > reboot > Test.

If that don't works, to (maybe) get the info what crashes your game, we need a crash dump:

• Press the Windows key and "X" at the same time.
  • Left click on "PowerShell (Administrator)" or "Command Prompt (Administrator)
  • In the PowerShell or Command prompt window, at the prompt, copy and paste "reg add "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting\LocalDumps\devenv.exe" /v DumpType /d 2 /t REG_DWORD" (Without the quotes).
  • Hit "ENTER" (The success of the action should be displayed)
  • Play/Start the game until it crashes.
  • Let Windows process the error messages.
  • Press the Windows key and "R" at the same time.
  • Into the new windows, copy and paste: "%LOCALAPPDATA%\CrashDumps" (Without the quotes) > Hit "ENTER"
  • Load the dump (*.dmp) up to a free file hosting website. ("Dropbox" or "OneDrive" for example) and post the link here. (if there are more than one, load at least 2 or 3 up)

You can revert the automatic crash dump creation by running this command: "reg delete "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting\LocalDumps" /f" (Without the quotes) in an elevated PowerShell or Command Prompt session.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 36 of 77 (2,323 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@holger1405Sorry for the late reply, been very busy yesterday. The crash dump did not record.

Message 37 of 77 (2,286 Views)

@SWVIII

You disconnected every USB device and restarted?

Did you get a success message after you put in the  "reg add "HKLM\Software\Microsoft..." command?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 38 of 77 (2,264 Views)

★ Apprentice
I am convinced that this issue is not due to player hardware or error, because ever since the Nov. update the loading screen for when I first boot up the game takes way longer than it should and I have to restart it multiple times before the game decides to load quickly like it did before the Nov. update. This is the only game where this happens, all of my other Origin games as well as non-Origin games load quickly on my SSD but this game always seems to like to take its time for some reason.
Message 39 of 77 (2,253 Views)

★ Apprentice
To add onto that which I forgot to mention, the longer loading times on start-up don't even happen 100% of the time, it seems to do it whenever it feels like. Sometimes on a fresh boot when I load the game up as the first thing I do it takes awhile to load and sometimes when I load up the game later after playing others games or doing other stuff it loads fast, so it is very inconsistent on how long to load for.
Message 40 of 77 (2,241 Views)