Battlefront II Campaign Massive Stutter

by IHateJasowan

Original Post

Battlefront II Campaign Massive Stutter

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

When playing Battlefront 2. I get massive stutter in Cutscenes and at the start of every mission. This stutter is so annoying it makes me want to pull my hair out. I've tried everything from reinstalling my NVIDIA Drivers (388.31) to updating and repairing the game. I'm pretty sure it's the game itself because i get 0 stutter in other games like Warframe and GTA V for example.

Specs:

GPU: GTX 1080 TI

CPU: I5-6600K

HDD: 1TB HDD WD

MOBO: GA-Z170X-GAMING 3

PSU: EVGA SUPER NOVA 650W G3

EDIT: I've also noticed the game not closing properly like i always have to alt + f4 to get back to my desktop

Message 1 of 13 (26,908 Views)

Re: Battlefront II Campaign Massive Stutter

★★★★ Novice

I had this problem too, nearly unwatchable first cutscene due to lagging/stuttering. I used the console command "RenderDevice.RenderAheadLimit 3," and turned off the Origin and GeForce Experience overlays, and it's 97% better. Still get hiccups now & then, but almost never gets out of sync, no more than 0.5 second pauses. I haven't played with it much to see which of those is important, I think only the RenderDevice command, but anyway it worked for me.

Hope this works for you. Found this solution at https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/82088/stuttering-lag-cpu-max-out-please-help

Message 2 of 13 (26,678 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Sven-RIT your link is dead, but I tried it and this has worked!

The start of the opening cutscene still froze for a couple of seconds, but after that it was fine.

Message 3 of 13 (26,537 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I get a massive issue with flickering screen during multiplayer especially star fighter assault, i usually ctrl alt delete than go straight back into the game ok. i have the latest drivers.

Is this an issue in game or is it something else e.g. my system.

Specs Win 7 64bit 

1tb 850 EVO SSD

Asus rampage v extreme1911 MB

32GB Corsair DDR4 Vengance Ram

6G EVGA GTX 980TI SC AC2

Intel core i7 5820

Any one else having problems?

Message 4 of 13 (26,515 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Link wasn't important, I was just trying to credit my sources. Glad it worked for you!

Message 5 of 13 (26,492 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Just to update on this glitch during game play, (definitely on win 7) in case anyone else still has it, i found the cause is hitting caps lock on keyboard, the quickish fix is still ctrl-alt-del, open task manager then re-close task manager straight away without closing any running apps etc this usually works for me, 

Message 6 of 13 (26,129 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I don't even have GeForce Experience installed and i always turn off the origin overlay but it seems that the latest update has fixed this issue. Well, atleast for me.

EDIT: There is still some micro stutter here and there but i hope the devs fix this in the next update.

Message 7 of 13 (25,317 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@IHateJasowan wrote:

I don't even have GeForce Experience installed and i always turn off the origin overlay but it seems that the latest update has fixed this issue. Well, atleast for me.

EDIT: There is still some micro stutter here and there but i hope the devs fix this in the next update.

If you don't have GeForce Experience and always have the Origin overlay turned off, then of course ignore those steps and do the third step.

Message 8 of 13 (25,229 Views)

★★★ Newbie

these fixes did not help me. i hope the devs fix it soon. the first opening cutscene is unwatchable because it stutters so badly. i run ultra with no issue otherwise. i am considering a refund due to this.

Message 9 of 13 (24,937 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@JMaNn1118 wrote:

these fixes did not help me. i hope the devs fix it soon. the first opening cutscene is unwatchable because it stutters so badly. i run ultra with no issue otherwise. i am considering a refund due to this.

And you definitely tried the last step before starting the campaign?:

In-game, open the console (which key that is depends on your keyboard, but probably either tilde (~) or the one next to the number 1 (`)) and type 'RenderDevice.RenderAheadLimit 3' (without the apostrophes) and press enter.

Message 10 of 13 (24,902 Views)