Re: Battlefront Constantly Crashing

by EeeCh00ta

Original Post

Battlefront Constantly Crashing

★★ Novice

There has been an issue with Battlefront where the game keeps freezing and crashing. This problem started for me on April 9, around 6pm pdt. I did not install or change anything since the last time I played (about an hour before this started). When opening the game on my Xbox, I select an account to play on, as soon as it connects to multiplayer, the game will freeze, the sound will glitch, and shortly after, the game will crash and take me to the home screen. There is no error message. The game seems to play fine if you're playing offline, not connected to the internet, but as soon as you connect to multiplayer, (just logging in) it will crash. At first, I only had this problem a couple times, but after a couple days, I can't even play the game.

I have 3 accounts, 1 of them is older than the Xbox one, another is about a month old, and the newest one I created yesterday specifically to see if I can play. The older accounts cannot play what so ever. The newer account, however, does not have an issue while launching the game like the others do, but I will crash in the middle, or often at the end of a game where the game freezes, sound glitches, and then back to the home screen. Every one of my buddies that plays Battlefront is having this issue, they all created new accounts just to have the chance to play.

We have contacted EA support several times and have tried many troubleshooting steps to include: Factory reset, reinstall the game, deleted cloud saves, clear persistent storage, clear alternate mac address, switching networks, using wired connection, opening ports used for Battlefront servers. hard reset xbox, and trying different consoles.

The issue does not appear to be with anyone's xbox or internet, but something with either the game, or the servers. I know many people are having this issue, and I'd like to see this addressed soon so we can get back to playing!

Message 1 of 6 (703 Views)

★★ Novice

I also have this issue on Xbox One. Doesn't happen to me with any other game, and it persisted even after a hard power cycle, including unplugging the console from the wall and letting the power supply die before plugging it back in.

Message 2 of 6 (659 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @zeldafanjtl @bw5korbcoz

Thank you for your reports and trying out some troubleshooting steps before reaching out to us!

Our team has been investigating this problem. I'm sorry that I don't have any updates about the fix for you right now, but once the information will be available, I'll let you know.

/Ataashi

Message 3 of 6 (634 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
mine is crashing the same seems like it crashes when it loads the profile.
Message 4 of 6 (594 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Don't ask how i came up with this but i deleted a bunch of people from my friends list and now its working.

Message 5 of 6 (550 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice
@LuminousOrdo Nope. Didnt work for me.
Message 6 of 6 (540 Views)