Battlefront Cannot Disable PC Controller

by BigShottt

Original Post

Battlefront Cannot Disable PC Controller

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

This game sees, and insists on using, a controller that I have plugged into my PC which I do NOT wish to use in this game. It is auto assigning the throttle and other control commands to this device which makes my vehicles go out of my control and causes me to constantly crash.

There needs to be an option in the menu to DISABLE the controller and tell it to only use KB&M. This needs to be fixed immediately as I cannot play any missions which have vehicles.

Message 1 of 15 (6,734 Views)

Re: Battlefront Cannot Disable PC Controller

Community Manager (retired)

You are right, having an option to disable a controller will be handy and it's noted as good feedback.

For the time being, have you tried unplugging the controller when playing Battlefront or at least while starting the game?
This could be a viable workaround to get keyboard+mouse working.

Message 2 of 15 (6,659 Views)

★ Pro

I am a pilot in real life....the controller in question is a high end control yoke I use for some flight simulation work and I'm afraid that unplugging and re-plugging is not an option I would consider right now.

Message 3 of 15 (6,653 Views)

★ Pro

is there anyway to disable the controller by editing the config files or something?

This is crazy...it thinks my flight yoke is a console controller and it wont let me calibrate the axis' or anything else so I need to disable the controller portion of the game so it only sees my kb&m. I cannot play the game since all vehicles are out of my control.

If not, can EA/Origin simply issue me a refund? I purchased key from Green Man Gaming as a Pre-order.

Message 4 of 15 (6,636 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Just a quick "Me Too", I have an X-52 and pedals connected, which means I have 6 controller axes that are not normally centered, so every time I enter a vehicle, stuff gets weird; in air vehicles for example, controls go to the bottom left all the time and I have to disconnect everything but the mouse. That feels like a Unity game ;-)

Message 5 of 15 (6,627 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same problem. I have three joysticks connected to my PC which I cannot disconnect to keep their settings for other simulator game. I need an option to disable game controller in Star Wars: Battlefront game.

Message 6 of 15 (6,601 Views)

★★★ Newbie

than do it. stop talking about it and do it. i had it working at one point after i pulled my controller from the PC but now it wont work at all. this game is becoming more of a pain in the rear end than it was ever worth. 

Message 7 of 15 (6,545 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I came here to write a topic about turning off controller in game. Good not only me have this issue.

EA please ask your developers to add Disable Controller in Battlefront 2. It is annoying we cant do this.

Message 8 of 15 (6,434 Views)

★★ Novice

Has this been added yet?

I have the problem where my steering wheel throttle is causing my character to run forwards.... i mean.. it's a novel idea controlling my run speed with the accelerator pedal.. but it's hardly ideal. 

Unplugging the wheel every time i want to play the game isn't an option.  

I know it's absolutley irrelevant but...   i don't have this problem in any other game (including Battlefield 1) ...    apart from Final Fantasy XIV...   but that allows me to disable the controller. 

I have over 300 games on steam.... Star Wars Battlefront 2 is the ONLY game that hasn't accounted for this issue.   sucks man. 

Message 9 of 15 (6,341 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This is last time I bought a game from EA/ Dice. I will never buy a game from company wehich do not care users. EA You suck and I hope Your company will be soon sold for 1$ and You disapear from scene. You ruin gameplays with your ignorancy.

Message 10 of 15 (6,212 Views)