Re: Battlefront BSOD PC Unexpected Store Exception

by EA_Ataashi

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Battlefront BSOD PC Unexpected Store Exception

★★★ Newbie

Just in the past 2 weeks, I can fairly reliably BSOD after playing Battlefront for anything >15 minutes.  It's always an unexpected_store_exception.  That BSOD normally indicates hard drive errors, but this is only happening when I play Battlefront.  I can play battlefield 3/4 for hours with no issues.  The frequency is now to the point where I can't play more than 2 games or so before BSOD, and the restart is unreliable (will sometimes throw to a boot error, etc.).  I'll always be able to eventually start in to windows though.  

I never had BSOD since Day 1 of playing, only in the past couple weeks with patches has this begun.  

Few stats:

Win 10

AMD R9 290 (got the beta drivers to solve graphical issues)

samsung SSD

i7 920

Message 1 of 6 (4,885 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Newbie
i got the same error and i found a solutions for this im gonna share what i did, i received a major update of my OS then this error comes in so what i did is to restart my laptop, perform RUN command prompt. gpupdate /force.
next step is following the Solution No. 6 on this website
https://www.errorsolutions.tech/error/unexpected-store-exception/

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (5,046 Views)

All Replies

Hero

That error can be caused by many things, Windows, 3rd party software or hardware errors etc.

Update your Windows and try and do a clean boot and see if it happens then:

http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

carbonic signature

Message 2 of 6 (4,879 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Did you try to Uninstall Antivirus Program?

Windows 10 OS has Microsoft Defender by default. This is powerful enough security software that you can use without installing any other security software. Consider uninstalling third-party security software you may have installed, which may be causing file conflicts, leading to the error.
1. Press the combination of Win + X keys to open Startup menu.

2. Select “Control Panel”.

3. Click on “Programs” in the control panel.

4. Find the third-party security software from the resultant programs list. Right-click on it before selecting uninstall.

Restart your computer and try launching different programs to see whether your installed Antivirus program was causing Unexpected Store Exception error screen for you.

Reference Links: 1, 2
Message 3 of 6 (4,623 Views)

★★★ Newbie
i got the same error and i found a solutions for this im gonna share what i did, i received a major update of my OS then this error comes in so what i did is to restart my laptop, perform RUN command prompt. gpupdate /force.
next step is following the Solution No. 6 on this website
https://www.errorsolutions.tech/error/unexpected-store-exception/
Message 4 of 6 (5,047 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @MeganStewart369R

Thanks for sharing your solution with us Standard smile I will mark it for better visibility.

And for the impatient ones - mentioned Solution No. 6 includes using Microsoft's System File Checker and then entering the DISM command in the Windows command prompt Wink

/Ataashi

Message 5 of 6 (4,448 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

this only happens while playing battlefield 5. fix your game EA

my proof:

- when i run "sfc /scannow" it didn't find any integrity violations

- windows is already updated to the last stable version

- i didn't have any problem playing another high-end game

so far this game has many major graphical bug (even on the main menu). gameplay performance bug. a few stuttering even with stable FPS.

i wouldn't complaint if it still in beta version

my spec : nvidia 1080 8gb . intel I7 8700. 16GB ram. 1TB SSD Samsung. windows 10.

antivirus disabled. no third party application running. nvidia overlay turned off. xbox overlay turned off. 

i have BFV both on PS4 and PC. both has their own problem

Message 6 of 6 (3,684 Views)