Battlefront 2 won't launch

by LinusTechTips420

Original Post

Re: Battlefront 2 won't launch

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

What did I just spend 5 dollars on... Just did a read through of the thread and all I can say is, Is that legal??

EA is for sure going the way of Kathleen Kennedy.

Message 71 of 186 (2,091 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

After a few tries I can confirm that the game still won't launch by starting it through the game library, but if I boot it up from the hidden task bar (by right clicking the Origin Icon), it works everytime.

It's not a solution, but it works until we find one.

Message 72 of 186 (2,084 Views)

★★★ Novice

None of it is working for me. Figures, new patch comes out and I can't even launch game to enjoy it. I'll never by another EA game....

Message 73 of 186 (2,051 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

It seems like the only solution earlier has been to just wait 12-24 hours. Hopefully you'll get your game to start!

Are you sure you went to the hidden icons and started the game from Origin there?

Like this: https://imgur.com/a/3liXhJK

Message 74 of 186 (2,041 Views)

★★★ Novice
@dinounit67 Ya, right clicked on origin in taskbar and clicked game.
Message 75 of 186 (2,017 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Spent about an hour and read through this post. Had the exact same issue. Changed my game to D drive. When I click play, nothing happens and the play button just lights up again. I deleted my documents folder. Nothing changed. Then I clicked the settings icon next to the play button in origin. I went to game properties and turned off origin in game (so make the sure the box that says enable origin in game is not checked). Game then launched perfectly and my buggy mouse problem was even fixed. I hope this fix works for some of you because none of the other fixes mentioned here worked for me until I did this. 

Cheers. 

Message 76 of 186 (1,939 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Game works normally for me now.

Message 77 of 186 (1,896 Views)

★★★ Novice

Still having same issue even after full reinstall. It did work twice however out of 10 attempts.

Message 78 of 186 (1,790 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Well *. Game ran perfectly yesterday after my fix. Now I open it again today and same issue. I click the play button, the origin window minimizes and then pops up again a few seconds later and nothing happens. Jeez. Is there seriously no fix to this issue. 

Message 79 of 186 (1,778 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same error

Message 80 of 186 (1,770 Views)