Battlefront 2 won't launch

by LinusTechTips420

Original Post

Re: Battlefront 2 won't launch

★★★★ Novice

I deleted the memory now it wants install everything again and its literally going slwer then molasses.

Message 31 of 186 (4,636 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

For PC users deleting the DirectX12 files worked for me. @Friflygare hit it on the head. I had strange behavior with this at first. For many the game simply wouldn't launch. My game would launch and I could play a few rounds then it would crash to desktop. I'd start the game again and could possibly get another round in again, then it would again crash to desktop. I tested for memory leaks, SSD health, CPU temps, GPU temps, repair installation, etc. Nothing remedied the situation. Then I found a post somewhere about DirectX12 causing a conflict after a recent update. I deleted my DX12 files and suddenly my game worked again. Nothing was said officially anywhere in the main forums. I know of several friends on PC who've had this same issue and used the same solution. 

EA/DICE aren't responsible for DirectX 12 working correctly. Many games have issue with DirectX 12. It's just not ready yet for mass use even when you have a card that can handle anything. 

Message 32 of 186 (4,608 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello.

Game wont start. Origin working.

Already tried:

repair game files

deleting documents/STAR WARS Battlefront II

disabling the cloud storage

deleted the .exe files as suggested
Graphic driver is up to date

updated DirectX

Message 33 of 186 (4,595 Views)

★★★ Novice

That Direct X12 does actually ring a bell for me. I remember reading up on that about a month ago on steam. Some new audio system (like Dolby Atmos) ment to add immersion. Total bs for the developers since it's being forced on games and they did nothing to compensate for game engines alone.

Inspite of all things, it's easy to forget this game is still in BETA. I hope the little ones can pay close enough attention to how bad their ratings can screw a game up before it's actual release! History from Andromeda is solid proof that developers need their fan support so lets be patient for the sake of a potentially last Star Wars.

Message 34 of 186 (4,584 Views)

★★★ Newbie
got same problem ..the game wont start ...where are the directx12 files???
Message 35 of 186 (4,550 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey @masterblaster543 sorry to hear about the problem starting SWBF2. A quick question what platform are you on? 

/Atic 

Message 36 of 186 (4,543 Views)

★★★ Newbie

my platform is pc...i uninstalled origin en reinstalled again..now the game starts but only black screen and sound, but no screen

Message 37 of 186 (4,536 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

Hey, @masterblaster543.  Try reinstalling your GPU drivers and see if that helps or not. 

Have you tried:

• Removing the settings folder for SWBF2.
  • Shut down Origin Cloud sync for SWBF2 

This will remove any settings and Single player/arcade progression. Standard smile 

/Atic 

Message 38 of 186 (4,507 Views)

★★ Novice
I copied them to another folder, returned to origin, settings icon, repair...and now it wiped out the whole 70 GB and restarting download after it has been more than 10 hours downloading....

I am now meditating trying to calm down rather than smashing my computer!
Message 39 of 186 (4,300 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey @SmashKhaled, I should have been more clear, the settings folder is under documents folder in windows is where the settings and saves folder is. 

Did you change anything with the installation folder for SWBF2? 

/Atic 

Message 40 of 186 (4,290 Views)