Re: Battlefront 2 won't launch

by Kanrei13

Original Post

★★★★★ Newbie
@aleker0 Same here and meanwhile this is marked as "Solved" on every thread. My system is new, clean and I barely have anything in Origin. This one game, after an update, just doesn't work. EA screwed up but clearly don't care.
Message 121 of 186 (1,327 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@Tomapestes sign out and sign in worked for me, thanks
Message 122 of 186 (1,297 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I really wish people would stop marking the threads as solved and that people would stop coming in here claiming to have found a fix. There is no one fix for this, everything that has been claimed to be a fix has worked at least once for somebody and not for anybody else. Things that have "fixed" it for me -

1. Updating Windows

2. Updating graphics drivers

3. Deleting Origin local cache

4. Repairing the game

5. Deleting the .exe's and repairing the game

6. Restarting the pc

Things that have not worked include ALL of the above on multiple tries as well as those listed below -

1. Running Origin as administrator

2. Running the game as administrator

3. Uninstalling Origin and re-installing fresh

4. Reinstalling the game

5. Clean boot as advised by EA

6. Disabling cloud sync

7. Editing the BootOptions file to disable DX12

8. Deleting the "GstRender.ShadowQuality" line in the ProfileOptions_config file

...and pretty much everything else anyone has ever suggested as a fix. What seems to happen is that the game refuses to launch for a while and then will suddenly launch, and the person who has been tearing their hair out trying out any fix are then convinced that the last thing they did has fixed it. I'll just say this in caps because it needs to be seen -

THERE. IS. NO. ONE. FIX.

Every day since the latest patch, I run Origin and launch the game and it fails. What follows is roughly ten to twenty minutes of trying various things, things I've tried before and I know won't work, and at some point the bloody thing finally launches. I then have to keep Origin open all day as if I close it and launch it, it'll fail again. If I keep it open, once it launches successfully once, it launches successfully every time. This happened to me last year and after a few "fixes" it finally went away and I was convinced that whatever the last thing I had done was, was the fix. For a year I had pretty much trouble free gaming with BFII. Now, it's back as of the latest patch, and while people are desperately scrambling to find any fix, anything that does appear to work is then being peddled as the fix that finally works.

There is an issue with Origin or the anti-cheat software, some check is failing at launch and clearly it's not telling Dice/EA about it. As of the latest patch this is happening constantly to so many people so there very clearly is something wrong and there is nothing we can do on our side but try again and again until it works... and in my case, shut down the pc for the night and go through it all over again the next day.

Had to get that off my chest.

Message 123 of 186 (1,280 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

i agree, the fixes peoplecome up with may solve ONE of the problems - but since there have to be multiple causes of this, which dont all always trigger together, then you will see some actions either temporarily 'solve' a problem which is actually just not happening for some reason that one time, or fix that one part of the multiple problems, the other parts not triggering during the 'fix'

the fact that reading between the lines of posts, there has been an ongoing issue for some time, means it must be many different problems all randomly occuring. that would explain the problem coming back patch after patch, they simply cant find all the issues.

another clue is that some people claim their action fixes it and yet other people try the same fix, or all fixes suggested by others, and they still have the issue. this tells me that any fix is probably temporary, or isnt a fix at, just the problem randomly didnt occur. if there was a fix for this, EVERYONE would stop posting because google would show the threads with the same fix in every thread, try it, and see the problem vanish.

it doesnt help that the moderators, in an effort to declutter the forum, are putting multiple threads reporting this into one thread that marks it as solved - when it clearly isnt solved. 

what hasnt worked seems a better way of proceeding so heres what i HAVE tried and HASNT SOLVED IT:

Making Origin run as admin - NOT WORKED

Making BF2 exe run as admin - NOT WORKED

Launch BF2 from desktop icon with origin closed - NOT WORKED

cloud saves are ALWAYS disabled for me, because i believe cloud anything is just a Denial of Service attack that hasnt happened yet so I wont use cloud anything:  so that WONT WORK.

NOT TRIED BUT WHICH WORK ON FIFA GAMES: setting compatibility mode on the game exe to windows 7. works on fifa on both launcher and the fifa executable,  but I havent tried it since i saw reports from others saying it didnt work..

and if the forum mods could disable the solved button in these threads until EA and DICE say they fixed it and the players agree that would be helpful

Message 124 of 186 (1,232 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

......yesterday running Origin as admin worked. 

Today the game is back to refusing to launch no matter what I do. Are we expected to spend hours running through the list of 15 supposed fixes every single time we decide to play?

Can I just get my damn money back for it already?

Message 125 of 186 (1,259 Views)

★ Pro

For about the last 3 days restarting the PC allowed me to launch (I've only had this problem about a week). 

No joy today.

Interestingly what did the trick was launching Battlefront 1 (the 2015 version) and immediately quitting. Battlefront II launched without a problem after that.

Message 126 of 186 (1,244 Views)

★★ Guide

Ive found a fix for myself

it worked , i wasnt able to launch the game once before that. 

1-i did the windows update with the netframework updates

2-i went in the battlefront 2 installation folder then right click and properties then in compatibility set execute as admin.

sorry for my bad english but this fixed it 100% for me

Message 127 of 186 (1,236 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

this is the only 100% guaranteed fix that works.

1: open origin

2: right click battlefrront 2 in origin, and click play

3: repeat 2 until it finally works.

optionally: swearing is highly recommended during the process.... and mildly satisfying satisfying

oh i didnt add any stage if:bored THEN quit trying. but then i refuse to let a piece of software defeat me.

Message 128 of 186 (1,228 Views)

★ Novice

same here after last patch.

Message 129 of 186 (1,191 Views)

★ Novice

Running game as ADMIN worked for me. 

Message 130 of 186 (1,154 Views)