Re: Battlefront 2 won't launch

by aleker0

Original Post

★ Guide

Hi Blueberry, thanks for responding. No, that didn't work either. I mentioned the cloud sync issue in another post and someone replied saying they don't use cloud sync and yet they're having the same refusing to launch issue as well, so the problem must be elsewhere. Some kind of check is failing, perhaps? I have no idea.

Message 111 of 186 (1,373 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@SalithTaydan Worked for me.
Message 112 of 186 (1,358 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@JimKellysAfroIt does not for me.

Edit - Closed Origin earlier by mistake and when launching it again, the game once again refused to launch. Restarted, launched Origin, game launches now. Good lord this issue is irritating. I know in the morning when I try again it'll fail.

Message 113 of 186 (1,306 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@AzhreiRight its obvious, can we just get the game disassociated from this crap service, wish I could have purchased this on steam....

Message 114 of 186 (1,289 Views)

★ Guide

the only other game i have installed with origin is fifa 17 and that doesnt launch fifa directly, it opns a fifa launcher which you then launch game from. i wonder if there was a 'star wars' launcher that origin opens, would battlefront work with no  issues from its own launcher?

but its less than ideal. fifa isnt that heavy on my gpu and cpu, and an extra launcher over and above origin isnt a problem. another launcher on top of origin for battlefront is headroom i dont want to give. 

it feels like something else is being runwhen battlefront is running, and if that invible 'service' fails to run, or cant connect, then battlefront silently closes.

in fact that makes sense; when battlefront ran first time i got a windows firewall thing saying it had blocked some features, and i clicked allow on it. if there is a silent thing being run they wont want any windows firewall 'allow/disallow' notices to let on its there; and so the silent program whatever it is, possibly an anti cheat, might therefore not be getting permission to go through windows firewall?

Message 115 of 186 (1,271 Views)

★★★ Novice

It worked for me!

After try deleting documents bf2 folders, repairing the game, compatibility windows, nothing of that worked, but...

Just sign out and sign in fixed the problem for me.

Cheers.

Message 116 of 186 (1,178 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Guys close orgin and press on icon of bf2 and launch with admin and game start 

EA_Blueberry: Edited response from ALL CAPS

Message 117 of 186 (1,168 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_BlueberryRaZCoB2 Still not working for me.....It worked for a bit and now it does not. My brother has yet to be able to play this game at all.....
Message 118 of 186 (1,131 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Deleting folder helps only once. If i close origin and start it again - game wont launch. That problem occurs only after the last patch. Didnt face any problems before it...

Message 119 of 186 (1,128 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Yep. After trying just about everything mentioned - what worked is running Origin as administrator.

Origin is absolute, 100% garbage. Steam and even crappy Epic don't give these issues.

Message 120 of 186 (1,061 Views)