Re: Battlefront 2 won't launch

by itoao

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

This is infuriating. Started happening after the last patch. First thing to solve it? I updated my drivers. The next day, after the pc had been shutdown, the problem was back. The second thing to solve it? Deleting Origin's cache, following the guide EA laid out. Third time it happened? Updating Windows. Today? Problem is back and nothing is fixing it now, including the icon on the desktop trick suggested in the last post. Three different "solutions" on three seperate occasions and there is absolutely zero correlation between any of them.

It's something to do with Origin, and nothing else. There is no point in EA asking us to look at DXDiag, there is nothing wrong with our pc's. Origin is at fault here.

Edit - Fourth "solution"? Repaired the game for the umpteenth time. Didn't actually download anything. Just worked. It's definitely Origin being a pill somehow.

Message 91 of 186 (1,449 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@Azhrei I am having the exact same issue. Except I am still unable to get it to launch. This is BS.
Message 92 of 186 (1,430 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@MrWitten649 This worked for me! Thnx!
Message 93 of 186 (1,422 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@itoao "It seems i have found a temporary fix. You need to have BF2 icon on your desktop. Next, close origin completely (right click from tray and select "Quit Origin")

Next launch BF2 by double clicking your desktop shortcut and Origin will restart, launching BF2 Without needing to click "play". Worked for me, hopefully it will work for you all."
Message 94 of 186 (1,419 Views)

★★★ Newbie

yeahhh doen't work

Message 95 of 186 (1,414 Views)

★★★ Newbie

didnt work

Message 96 of 186 (1,412 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@RThib58 That worked after the third time for me. This is just stupid now.
Message 97 of 186 (1,407 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@MrWitten649 wrote:

It seems i have found a temporary fix. You need to have BF2 icon on your desktop. Next, close origin completely (right click from tray and select "Quit Origin")

Next launch BF2 by double clicking your desktop shortcut and Origin will restart, launching BF2 Without needing to click "play". Worked for me, hopefully it will work for you all.

This works for me when it comes to launching the game, but unfortunately the game only runs for 5-10 minutes before crashing to desktop. This has been a problem for some time now, and all of the suggestions from staff and other users have not fixed the crashing problem for me yet.

Message 98 of 186 (1,403 Views)

★★ Novice

Won't work for me. (SWBF2 Launch)

Message 99 of 186 (1,325 Views)

★ Apprentice

Mine is doing the same thing. Although it did work for awhile yesterday and now it is back to not launching.

Message 100 of 186 (1,309 Views)