Re: Battlefront 2 won't launch

by cdaringe

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice

Just try to wait and not do anything with the game for another 12-24 hours. Sure, try to boot it up, but don't delete folders, repair it or reinstall it. Just waiting worked for me.

Message 81 of 186 (2,896 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi EA,

onclick of the BF2 launch tile, the following occurs:

• cloud sync runs to 100%,
  • my "Documents/STAR WARS Battlefront II" folder gets restored, 
  • spinner cursor...
  • origin relaunches into the same "My Game Library" screen, as though i had never tried to launch

I tried purging my settings folder, launching from the status bar, and confirming all looks good with dxdiag.  What else could be the matter?  It was working fine before I was forced to update.  It was quite disappointing to not be able to play today.  Let me know what additional diagnostic I should provide.  Thanks!

Message 82 of 186 (2,847 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have also had problems with this game launching, since the last patch, and also, it does Not recognize my mouse, nor my keyboard and their configurations. Was a /bug where it thought i was using a PS4 controller, which i don't have one.

EA has Never fixed the Keyboard and Mouse issue, which it is their job to do.

Message 83 of 186 (2,824 Views)

★ Guide

I'm also having an issue where I can't launch the game. I played last night. Now I try to launch and it won't launch. Acts as though it's going to launch but then just dumps me back to Origin. I've repaired, restarted, deleted Battlefront II folder, nothing is working. I just don't understand. I played last night, nothing has changed overnight on my system. 

Message 84 of 186 (2,729 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

The same thing is happening to me. The launcher is still a mess. It attempts to lauch the game then straight back to the launcher window. 

Message 85 of 186 (2,510 Views)

★★ Novice

Samething happening to me, cloud sync goes to 100% with no issues. Backs out of origin launcher, then origin pops up again acting like i never even pressed play. i just want to play the game i bought lmao

Message 86 of 186 (2,463 Views)

★★ Novice
Message 87 of 186 (2,448 Views)

★★ Novice

Same thing is happening to my game. I'm unable to launch it.

Message 88 of 186 (2,433 Views)

★★★ Novice

Having the same issue, tried many of the fixes on this thread and nothing is working.

Message 89 of 186 (2,401 Views)

★★ Novice

It seems i have found a temporary fix. You need to have BF2 icon on your desktop. Next, close origin completely (right click from tray and select "Quit Origin")

Next launch BF2 by double clicking your desktop shortcut and Origin will restart, launching BF2 Without needing to click "play". Worked for me, hopefully it will work for you all.

Message 90 of 186 (2,281 Views)