Re: Battlefront 2 won't launch

by Asgeerr

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

I had the same problem but I figured out that it had something to do with the Settings. There is not a Settings Folder in my Star Wars Battlefront II Folder but with Geforce Experience I tried to set the Settings on the lowest and it worked. When I then set all the setting on High ingame it still worked. Even after a restart. If I set it with Geforce to some higher quality it doesn't work again... I don't know how this happend and I guess this helps only Nvidea user

Message 51 of 186 (7,836 Views)

★ Novice
Once they are deleted the game (and backed up) must be downloaded. I dont have the repair option after i deleted them from the folder.
Message 52 of 186 (7,759 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Community Manager

To fix this issue, do one of the following:

• Delete your documents folder for Battlefront II

OR

• Delete the specific line "GstRender.ShadowQuality" in the ProfileOptions_profile config and then save it (use a text editor) in the Documents folder

If you're not sure how to do the second option, just do the first since it's easier, but you'll have to change your in-game settings back to what you use.

Message 53 of 186 (93,226 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
the documents folder solution fixed my issue
Message 54 of 186 (7,717 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Charlemagne  it didn't work for me

Message 55 of 186 (7,697 Views)

★★★★ Novice

If you can change your graphics settings for shadows from HFTS to Ultra via Nvidia Gforce experience it solved a similar issue I had.

Message 56 of 186 (7,669 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Does not work for me either...

Message 57 of 186 (7,623 Views)

★★ Novice

i have tried every suggestion here  plus done clean windows install  and game still wont launch   is there any advice from the people who actually made this trash of a game

Message 58 of 186 (7,468 Views)

★ Novice

So what I did is updated my drivers for my graphics card then updated the game itself and finally right clicked on game and hit the repair option it scanned and downloaded a file update and tada! Its worling! Hope this works for everyone.

Message 59 of 186 (7,052 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey, i have the same problem now. Wanted to ask u if u made it to play the game?

Message 60 of 186 (6,983 Views)