Re: Battlefront 2 won't launch

by sprankel1

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Battlefront 2 won't launch

★★★ Novice

Ever since the update went through a day ago or so I haven't been able to play the game. Every time I launch it in origin it does the cloud sync and then nothing happens, no black screen, my processor doesn't even gain any load, literally nothing happens. I've got 55 hours in the game and have been playing since launch, never had this happen once before the update.

Message 1 of 186 (104,630 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
EA Community Manager

To fix this issue, do one of the following:

• Delete your documents folder for Battlefront II

OR

• Delete the specific line "GstRender.ShadowQuality" in the ProfileOptions_profile config and then save it (use a text editor) in the Documents folder

If you're not sure how to do the second option, just do the first since it's easier, but you'll have to change your in-game settings back to what you use.

View in thread

Message 53 of 186 (93,176 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

So here's what I did, because I was getting the same issue after each update. Go to the game folder where the game is installed and delete the two .exe launcher files(its good practice to backup these files somewhere else before deleting). They should be called

starwarsbattlefrontii
and
starwarsbattlefrontii_trial

Once they are deleted, go back to origin and run the repair on the game and it will download about 300Mb+ or so as it gets those exe files back. After the repair finishes you should be good. Let me know if this helps.

IrvNation

Message 2 of 186 (104,547 Views)

★★★ Novice

this didn't work for me. still wont launch.

Message 3 of 186 (104,531 Views)

Community Manager

@gunterchicago Hey, can you post your dxdiag details?

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

@LinusTechTips420 Can you try wiping your settings file. You can go to My Documents\STAR WARS Battlefront II\settings and delete the files there. 

You may also want to check if you have a crash report in your reliability monitor. 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/windows/it-pro/windows-vista/cc722107(v=ws.10)

Thank you. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 186 (104,499 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

What if you don't have a settings folder? I have reinstalled my game multiple times but the settings folder just isn't in the STAR WARS Battlefront II folder, and I'm not sure why.

Message 5 of 186 (104,483 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Hello. Try to run it as admin then. 1 Time. Also be sure to having got your latest drivers.

Message 6 of 186 (104,475 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

before the update no issues, after the update unable to start the game.
It launches as a black sreen, runs at 2500 fps, half top of screen goes white for a second (i think this is the point where the intro should start), frames drop to 60-10 and then it remains black.

Already tried:
repair game files

disabled dx12 in de config file

deleting documents/STAR WARS Battlefront II
Deleting origin folders under local/roaming & programdata (this triggered another repair of the game)

adjusting the boot file for fullscreen mode

disabling the cloud storage and deleting the documents/STAR WARS Battlefront II (he normally syncs a file with graphic settings from the cloud, i wanted it to boot without any graphic settings at all)

Currently deleted the .exe files as suggested
Graphic driver is up to date (amd 17.12.2)

UPDATE:

deleting the .exe files and running repair on the game worked! thx for that one

Message 7 of 186 (104,469 Views)

★ Guide

Been working on this problem for weeks. Haven't found a solution, yet.

Message 8 of 186 (104,466 Views)

Community Manager

@Dspark36 Make sure you're checking for the settings folder in your C:\Users\YourUserName\Documents as opposed to the main game install in your Origin Games folder. The Origin games folder can be on any drive you wish (many use a HDD for game storage) but the documents/settings must be on C.

@sprankel1 Thanks for the post and edit. It's good to know the .exe wipe helped. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 9 of 186 (104,446 Views)

★★★ Novice

So I just purchased the game let it do it's thing and it won't even run. I have my task manager open and it shows up for a second then vanishes. All of my drivers are up to date windows is up to date I've already reinstalled once already so what's the deal.

Message 10 of 186 (104,222 Views)