Re: Battlefront 2 won't install properly?

by EA_Atic

Original Post

Battlefront 2 won't install properly?

★★ Novice

Just bought Battlefront 2 through steam and it won't start. If I press play on steam it opens Origin and says that i have not installed the game. There is an option on Origin to press download to download the game, but when I press it the same notification shows up as before. I have tried to find a solution through forums but nothing works. Please help Standard smile

Message 1 of 12 (2,544 Views)

EA DICE Team
@Ankoi21 try reinstalling Origin if you haven't already. Standard smile

/Atic
Message 2 of 12 (2,445 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Atic Does not work
Message 3 of 12 (2,439 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Ankoi21 last night i was on tech support call for an hour, i have reinstalled the game 5 times and yeah i still haven't fixed it

one thing thoug, do you have starwars battlefront 2 classic (2005) installed as i noticed that they were jumbling up in my case, i fixed this by uninstalling starwars battlefront 2 classic and veryfiying starwars battlefront 2 (new)s files
Message 4 of 12 (2,392 Views)

★★ Novice
@rhubarbdedubarb I do not have the classic. But how do I verify the files?
Message 5 of 12 (2,340 Views)

★★★ Novice

it probably won't fix it but its worth a shot. anyway, right click on starwars battlefront on steam then click properties then click local files at the top middle and click verify integrity of game files

Message 6 of 12 (2,303 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Extra Addendums: IF it downloads game files, after that make sure to run it from Steam and not Origin

Message 7 of 12 (2,289 Views)

★★ Novice
@rhubarbdedubarb well it didn't work but thanks anyway!
Message 8 of 12 (2,228 Views)

★★★ Novice

from the threads on other people who have had this issue, the only solution as far as i can tell is reinstalling the game. which is annoying. there are a few other people with this issue so hopefully as the number of people having trouble increases a realistic fix will appear

Message 9 of 12 (2,194 Views)

★★★ Novice
@rhubarbdedubarb was supposed to say reinstalling windows not reinstalling the game, if it were that easy i wouldn't be here
Message 10 of 12 (2,193 Views)