Re: Battlefront 2 won't install nor launch if installed

by Major-Band1t

Original Post

Battlefront 2 won't install nor launch if installed

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

So, I've been having this problem ever since I got Battlefront 2 from Epic game on another account.
My issue is that I can't launch or download it what so ever. I've tried reparing it on my second computer but it won't work.
On my other computer I uninstalled it and it wouldn't show me the option to download, just a button saying "Details"
However, if I log in to my other origin account, I can download it and launch it. On the account I can download it, I have the celebration edition while on my main account where I have 999 hours of playtime, I have the standard version. I'm using Origin on my main account and Epic on my other account but linked the celebration edition to my other origin account.
I've also tried on reinstalling the origin application but it wouldn't work in any way.

This is how it looks like if the game is uninstalled AND installed.
Check the linked image.

Thank you for your help.

Message 1 of 9 (782 Views)

Champion

@HzFRANKE 

Hello there! 

You would be better to run Origin as an administrator. Embarrassed

May the Force be with you.

Message 2 of 9 (735 Views)

★★ Novice
@Sati_Sati It does not work.
Message 3 of 9 (719 Views)

Champion

@HzFRANKE,  Is it possible you have corrupted the origin install? 

Try this.  Remove completely, Uninstall origin and Starwars. from the computer that will not run.  Reboot..

Then run C Cleaner to remove registry issues. Reboot.

Then Search your computer for the directories,  for "Star wars Battlefront",  Likely in your Document folder.  Also Delete them. Reboot.

Run C cleaner again,   fix issues, and reboot. 

For good measure, after restart, run a windows repair.  Make sure all the Windows files are working..  Reboot.

Reset your modem, wifi and computer to shut down, wait 2 mins,  then bring up each one in turn. 

I know this takes a while, but a clean start is needed..

Now, install a fresh Origin,   Reboot,  Install 1 game, reboot before you play.. 

I have done this to fix an update that got corrupted.  It happens, sometimes due to connection, IRQ's or old disks / failing mem sticks.  Can ve anything..

Hope this helps...   worked for me!

GLHF - Good Luck Have Fun.
If any message helps you, please give it a bit of XP!
Volunteer EA Answers HQ. I dont work for EA.
Message 4 of 9 (710 Views)

★★ Novice
@Major-Band1t But the thing is I can play it completely fine on my other acccount which I linked to my epic games. And the thing is this happens on both my computers. I might try logging in to someone else computer and see if I can play it there or not.
Message 5 of 9 (681 Views)

Champion

@HzFRANKE 

So you are saying that 1 EA account you can play anywhere and one EA account you can't?

Message 6 of 9 (672 Views)

★★ Novice
@Major-Band1t Yes I'm afriad.
Message 7 of 9 (649 Views)

Champion

@HzFRANKE  

Well it sounds like you corrupted the file somehow. Odd,  have not seen that one.

Good news: You have an account you can play with.  It really is a great game with awesome graphics.. 

I do know a few players who started with a new account just to do the acheivements again!.  For the Fun of it.

Message 8 of 9 (644 Views)

★★ Novice
@Major-Band1t Alright, I'll check out and see if it works, thanks for your effort and time to help me!
Message 9 of 9 (611 Views)