Battlefront 2 will not launch from Steam or the EA App

by TheBananaMan76

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Battlefront 2 will not launch from Steam or the EA App

★★★ Novice

So, very simple, The game will not open when pressing play in the Steam Library menu or in the EA Desktop App. I've tried various fixes from various threads and videos and nothing has worked, I've been trying for the past 5 or so hours with nothing to show for it other than frustration and fruitless efforts. 

Whenever I press play in the EA Desktop app, nothing happens, however when I press play in Steam, it opens up an EXE called: "Link2EA" which I assume is meant to link my EA and Steam account, which is already linked, which I then tried unlinking it and relinking it when that pops to see if it made a difference, to no avail. It then closes that EXE and then the EA Desktop app closes and Steam states the game is running, however after about 15 seconds or so, it stops and the EA app re-opens. It has done this no matter what I've tried, even after reinstalling after I've wiped every single file from my drives.

I've dropped a DxDiag file in case that will help. 

Message 1 of 4 (2,362 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Battlefront 2 will not launch from Steam or the EA App

★★★ Novice

Alright, I've got it fixed on my own, It may have been mod interference (Despite no mods being installed for the game) I used FrostyFix to disable mods for the game which seems to have worked. So if you're having trouble, maybe try that.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (2,338 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

Alright, I've got it fixed on my own, It may have been mod interference (Despite no mods being installed for the game) I used FrostyFix to disable mods for the game which seems to have worked. So if you're having trouble, maybe try that.

Message 2 of 4 (2,339 Views)

★★★ Newbie

hey man idk if you could help me out, ive been having the same exact problem the past few days, launching the game on steam, nothing happens, sends me to the EA app and doesnt Launch I used to play this game with skin mods a while ago but stopped because I lost interest, but my friend recently got into the game and wants to play again, if you can give me some sort of instructions on how to fix this issue it would be much appreciated. 

Message 3 of 4 (2,238 Views)

★ Novice

Games just * tried every solution on every link on Google search tried videos tried threads nothing works someone pls give me a solution that actually works its not vc++ it's not firewall it's not overlays it's not integrity of files it's literally just * I'm using steam and it opens ea to launch but it then just closes ea and doesn't launch the game.

Message 4 of 4 (1,798 Views)