Battlefront 2 ticket counter bug/hack

by Khaos-Chivalry

Original Post

Battlefront 2 ticket counter bug/hack

★★★★★ Novice

While in a starfighter match the attacking sides ticket count won't go down. I'm not sure if this is from the fix for the 1 HP bug but please fix this because it is as damaging to the game as the 1HP hack was.

Message 1 of 41 (1,181 Views)

Re: Battlefront 2 ticket counter bug/hack

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@Khaos-ChivalryYeah, just checked it, this bug renders the gamemode unenjoyable. Ticket count does not go down when killing the attacking side ships. I guess it's an unintended consequence of the fix(?) somehow... I'm not aware if this were present previously.

Edit: I now had an other match on "Unknown regions", it worked there... Interesting. Nope, I just realized I was on the attacking side. :D Which meant that we could not lose. Gotta check if it persists in other gamemodes...

Message 2 of 41 (1,168 Views)

★ Guide

I asked a popular(?) streamer to check, and alas he also experienced this bug. So sad.

https://clips.twitch.tv/AmorphousBrightPigeonTheRinger-XzxWxJDOyhnIGOjk

Message 3 of 41 (1,123 Views)

Phase skip

★★★★ Apprentice

Someone skipped phase 1 on Crait, we went straight to phase 4 then nobody could respawn anymore because there is no spawn assigned to that phase.

I guess the testing endpoints aren't fully closed yet and the 1hp fix is getting the game a lot of attention from unwanted guests... Or the fix isn't propagated to all servers yet.

We'll see but it seems highly suspicious and I've seen people talk about this and saying the fix doesn't include phase skipping.

Message 4 of 41 (999 Views)

★ Apprentice

Wow, the 1HP hack has now effectively been replaced by an even worse issue with the attacking teams having unlimited tickets... Well done EA your 07 Feb 2022 fix lasted how long... 1 hour? Didn't you game test the fix first before your released it? Please can you fix this ticket issue as a matter of urgency? Every game of SWBF2 Starfighter Assault is ruined because there is no competition anymore Frown

Message 5 of 41 (1,080 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I am beyond livid about this!  How can any programmer who's known about the 1hp issue for so long create a "fix" that makes the game COMPLETELY broken.  At least with the 1hp problem, you could get into games every now and again that WERE playable.  Now there is absolutely no reason to play it.  I mean, you have to really TRY to mess things up that bad!  This is my favorite game mode.  I even hate to ask...will this be fixed?!!

Message 6 of 41 (1,071 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@EA_Mako  this is a problem please fix you guys need to look into this and fix asp. how did this happen, and this should be pinned to!

Message 7 of 41 (1,064 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Can confirm. Tickets did not go down for defenders on Kamino, so attackers couldn't lose. Very disappointing. Please fix so that it's at least functional again.

Just before attackers won on Kamino:

Star Wars  Battlefront II (2017) Screenshot 2022.02.07 - 23.05.38.68.png

Message 8 of 41 (1,053 Views)

★ Guide

*cries*

Message 9 of 41 (1,038 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I've put up a post on the BF2 subreddit and tagged 2 of the devs. Why does it have to be our mode that breaks ☹

Message 10 of 41 (1,030 Views)