Battlefront 2 stuck on launch screen

by YungSaintNick

Original Post

Re: Battlefront 2 stuck on launch screen

★★★ Newbie
as per EA NEVER FIXED THIS issue loads of people have this isssue and no fix has been issued.!! idiots
Message 11 of 49 (8,959 Views)

★★★ Newbie

same problem here

Message 12 of 49 (8,950 Views)

★ Guide

Same problem here, started with the Kenobi update.

Message 13 of 49 (8,934 Views)

★★ Guide

Following the recent Kenobi update the game on start-up appears to hang at the Battlefront 2 splash screen. Running on PC and Win 10.

This is my experience …. could be different for you.

Found that if you wait long enough it eventually loads correctly . Its disconcerting  … I have the urge to break out of the start up screen and re-boot or try something else … but all I have to do is just hold on!

Message 14 of 49 (8,881 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Same problem here since Kenobi update. Thread bump, tried game repair and uninstall/reinstall, nothing works. Also having issues when I select a GA match, it will show the planet loading screen then just kick me back to main menu.

Message 15 of 49 (8,757 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @7Arteaga

I'm sorry to hear about your issue with launching SWB2 Frown

Could you also try to disable any background applications and clear Origin cache? If it doesn't work, please try our a few graphics troubleshooting steps.

Let me know if anything helped Fingers crossed

Thanks!

/Ataashi

Message 16 of 49 (8,726 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey man i recently bought new laptop

https://m.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/asus-15-6-gaming-laptop-black-intel-core-i7-8750h-1tb-sshd-12gb-r...

This one and it takes around 10 mins to get past start screen any ideas

Message 17 of 49 (8,211 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello! i have same issue since 2 days ago.  B4 that i played game in multiplayer no issues at all for about a week.  started story and got stuck in a loading screen trying to excape endor.  had to use task manager to close game after 1 hr.  Since then whenever i try to boot game i get the title screen with loading logo in upper right corner but it never moves past that even left it for 2 hours once.  What i have tried so far- clearing background processs, creating exceptions for everything in origin as well as the orgin exe and game exe in antivirus.  complete reinstall of game.  repair run on game files. uppdate drivers. even checked the documents settings as mentioned in another thread to see if it was resolution issue, but those settings are correct. complete reinstall of origin. still same issue running out of ideas! have attched my dxdiag to look at.  my cpu is borderline- amd athlon 860k but it was running game in multplayer with 0 issues b4 this. 

Message 18 of 49 (8,204 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hey i want to know did you change the game location because this game should be in origin games folder and restart your game that worked for me. And make sure you locate the game in origin setting option otherwise origin cant locate the game and will tell you to download it again ( sorry for my terrible english)

Message 19 of 49 (8,097 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having this issue as well. I've got 200 hours logged on the game with no problem, but ever since they released Count Dooku I'm not able to get past the loading screen. 
PC on Windows 10, computer exceeds the recommended specs.  I've tried repair, verifying, and even a full reinstallation with no success. At this point I'm wondering if I should just give up on ever being able to play the game again. Frown

Message 20 of 49 (7,857 Views)