Re: Battlefront 2 stuck on launch screen

by zackboring

Original Post

Re: Completely unable to launch the game

★★★★ Novice

@EA_Blueberry here is the dxdiag it seems to be an issue for people with ryzen cpu and amd cards i have almost the same stup as @JWallace83 

Message 31 of 49 (3,469 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Okay, I've burned about 400GB and most of my sanity trying to fix this, and I think I have a solution.

I started with a completely fresh C drive, but if you're unwilling to go that far I suggest you uninstall BF2 and Origin then manually hunt down and eradicate all traces of both of them from your hard drive and registry.

Install a completely fresh instance of Origin from the EA website.

Install a completely fresh instance of BF2 from Origin. This part is important. In the first instance I no longer trust the Origin verify feature since the files present and folder structure in my (now working) installation are significantly different from the version I had when all of this happened (and which passed Origin verification about 12,000 times).

At around 25% of the installation, the game becomes 'playable' and allowed you to launch a single-player arcade scenario. You NEED to launch this.

I reinstalled fully four times with absolutely no success until I tried launching this arcade mode from a combination of despair and boredom, but it worked perfectly for me and allowed me to access the in-game menu, where I could actually set graphics options (set primary monitor, set borderless window, set DX12, AO to HBAO, Shadows to something workable etc etc).

After doing this, the game worked perfectly once the download had finished.

Best of luck.

Message 32 of 49 (3,415 Views)

★★★★ Novice

ill try thank you for this 

Message 33 of 49 (3,413 Views)

★★★ Newbie

HI I've been having same problem, and could you take a look at my dxdiag  

Message 34 of 49 (3,374 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

hello i have the same problem as well could you check my DxDiag too every time i open the game it freeze at the loading screen and then shutdown please help 

Message 35 of 49 (3,348 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I actually know the cause of this. YOU SIR put directX12 on in the graphics section. What you need to do is go to your search bar in windows, type battlefront 2, find the games files, and delete it. Make sure that you also empty out the recycling bin to fully do it. Now then, when you do that IT WILL NOT delete the game, just the profile. And don't worry about progress, of you have the cloud save on (on origin) then it will be fine. What this is actually doing is in short resetting you're option settings to the direcX12 is NOT on. 

Message 36 of 49 (3,156 Views)

Community Manager

@zackboring wrote:

I actually know the cause of this. YOU SIR put directX12 on in the graphics section. What you need to do is go to your search bar in windows, type battlefront 2, find the games files, and delete it. Make sure that you also empty out the recycling bin to fully do it. Now then, when you do that IT WILL NOT delete the game, just the profile. And don't worry about progress, of you have the cloud save on (on origin) then it will be fine. What this is actually doing is in short resetting you're option settings to the direcX12 is NOT on. 

Can anyone confirm @zackboring's fix?

Blueberry.png
Message 37 of 49 (3,139 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Blueberry 

it may work for some people but for people like me it didn't work

Message 38 of 49 (3,129 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I haven't gone to the extremes of deleting files, but (on Windows 10) I go to Documents -> STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT II -> settings and open the BootOptions file in notepad/wordpad and change the GstRender.EnableDx12 setting to 0, save, and close.  After this change the game boots quickly, but you have to reset this option every time you relaunch the game.  I think you can turn off Dx12 by setting the GstRender.EnableDx11 or GstRender.EnableDx12 options in the ProfileOptions_profile file, but I haven't tested it out.

Message 39 of 49 (3,078 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@Flyer2134
<quote=Flyer2134>
I went into Documents/STAR WARS Battlefront II/Settings/Boot Options and edited the first item GstRender.EnableDx12 1, changing the 1 to a 0 then it started fine</quote>

This worked to fix my issue, but suddenly the same problem has resurfaced in spite of the settings.

Message 40 of 49 (2,099 Views)