Re: Battlefront 2 stuck at optimizing shaders...

by Doomguy113

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Battlefront 2 stuck at optimizing shaders...

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I just updated battlefront 2 and was about to play for a bit.  Started up just fine and it was optimizing shaders.  All of a sudden at about 75% the client closes.   Looked into it and changed some amd adrenaline settings.  After which now the bar just sits at about 75%.  Looked at my ram usage, holy %$it, it used up all my ram except for 700 mb while optimizing shaders.  Serious memory leak after the update.  Before the update i had no issues starting or playing the game.  If you are having this issue see how much resources the game is using.  Since all my ram was used up the game locks, of course (or crashes).  I closed the game and my ram returned to normal. 

Message 1 of 23 (100,747 Views)

Accepted Solution

★ Apprentice

> try this...it fixed my issue If you're unable to launch the game there's another way to swap to DX11. Go to C:\users\your windows account name\Documents, then go to STAR WARS Battlefront II\settings. Choose to open BootOptions with notepad, and you'll see "GstRender.EnableDx12 1" at the start of the document. Change that one to a zero to get "GstRender.EnableDx12 0", save and start the game.

disabling dx12 is the only way to fix this issue for now.

After doing this the game should start up normally without issues. Just one thing...go to graphics settings in game and disable dx12. Otherwise it will re-enable after you close the game

View in thread

Message 3 of 23 (103,470 Views)

All Replies

★ Apprentice

Can confirm the startup memory leak issue with the recent patch.  After starting the game and getting to loading screen the game "optimizes shaders" at which point it used up all my ram in mere seconds.  After which the client hangs or crashes.  My ram usage returns to normal state after the game client is closed

Message 2 of 23 (100,643 Views)

★ Apprentice

> try this...it fixed my issue If you're unable to launch the game there's another way to swap to DX11. Go to C:\users\your windows account name\Documents, then go to STAR WARS Battlefront II\settings. Choose to open BootOptions with notepad, and you'll see "GstRender.EnableDx12 1" at the start of the document. Change that one to a zero to get "GstRender.EnableDx12 0", save and start the game.

disabling dx12 is the only way to fix this issue for now.

After doing this the game should start up normally without issues. Just one thing...go to graphics settings in game and disable dx12. Otherwise it will re-enable after you close the game

Message 3 of 23 (103,471 Views)

★★★ Newbie
You are 10.000% right. Awesome solution!!! Thank you very very much. You are great!
Message 4 of 23 (100,409 Views)

★★ Novice

THANK GOD YOU FIGURED THIS OUT I LITERALLY CRIED BC IT WOULDNT WORK. THANKS MAN!

Message 5 of 23 (97,641 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hello , i dont have it , i mean "GstRender.EnableDx12 1" 

acreem.png

Message 6 of 23 (96,659 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
I had it a couple of times, however I have 64 GB of RAM and an i9-7900X processor (It is used for work and shamelessly for gaming as well :-)
Message 7 of 23 (96,486 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thx bro your a life saver, now my game work really well. Thx again 

Message 8 of 23 (95,183 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i dont know if you still have this problem, but its still in your c drive. under your documents.

Message 9 of 23 (89,571 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you so much it worked! 

Message 10 of 23 (82,837 Views)