Battlefront 2 not launching without Epic Games launcher

by CheeseLaserz

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Battlefront 2 not launching without Epic Games launcher

★ Novice

I originally purchased the standard edition of Battlefront 2 on Origin before the celebration edition was announced so I decided to claim it on Epic Games when it became free. For months I played the game perfectly fine but recently whenever I try to launch the game it downsizes Origin and nothing happens. I repaired the game files and reinstalled the game multiple times but sometimes now when I launch it I get a windows error saying that there's no application to run the Epic version of the game. I've never had the Epic Games launcher or the Epic Games version of the game installed and was always able to play it fine but now I can't even launch my original Origin version of the game

Message 1 of 4 (3,031 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Battlefront 2 not launching without Epic Games launcher

EA DICE Team

Hey, @CheeseLaserz can you try to do a clean boot to see if any programs are messing with SWBF2 and turn off any overlay programs, such as Discord or Nvidia experience.

Can you add a Dxdiag so we can see what hardware and drivers you have? 

Let me know if this works or not for you. Standard smile

/Atic

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (2,946 Views)

All Replies

EA DICE Team

Hey, @CheeseLaserz can you try to do a clean boot to see if any programs are messing with SWBF2 and turn off any overlay programs, such as Discord or Nvidia experience.

Can you add a Dxdiag so we can see what hardware and drivers you have? 

Let me know if this works or not for you. Standard smile

/Atic

Message 2 of 4 (2,947 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have this problem too, but it's more frequent when i try to launch the game with mods 

Message 3 of 4 (2,682 Views)

EA DICE Team
Could you try my suggestions above. Standard smile @assodipicche028

/Atic
Message 4 of 4 (2,612 Views)