Battlefront 2 not Launching

by TheOriginalGralo

Original Post

Re: Battlefront 2 not Launching

★★ Novice

Ok nothing can fix the problem tried every way that I read here but no solution... EA wake up omg!

Message 31 of 56 (3,616 Views)

★★ Novice

Same, we need a fix for origin.

Message 32 of 56 (3,596 Views)

★★ Guide

same here game wont launch wtf is Dice doing..

Message 33 of 56 (3,565 Views)

★ Novice

I have not been able to launch for days. We paid for this game, but we have no access to it. Will EA compensate us? 

Message 34 of 56 (3,552 Views)

★★ Novice

Ok I make it work today! I tried many times to close and open again and again. I guess it is working just for now. First thing I did is repair the game. You can do it by clicking on Star Wars Battlefront 2 on Origin. After that click on repair. It will take some mins. After it finished repairing, go to "Documents / StarWarsBattlefront2 / settings ". Under the "settings" folder you will see "BootOptions" . Right click on that file and open with Notepad. You will see;

GstRender.EnableDx12 1
GstRender.FullscreenEnabled 1
GstRender.FullscreenRefreshRate 60.000000
GstRender.FullscreenScreen 0
GstRender.ResolutionHeight 1080
GstRender.ResolutionWidth 2560
GstRender.WindowBordersEnable 1

These are my settings on when the game starts. I think the main problem is kinda Origin and Directx 12 somehow. On the first line "GstRender.EnableDx12 1" you will see that Directx is open or closed. If it is writing in there "1" chane it to "0" or if it is writing "0" change it to "1". Opening or closing Directx 12 helps to open my game somehow. This is the first thing. Second step is so simple. After you repaired your game Origin must be created a shortcut on your desktop. Open the game from that shortcut. When I try to open the game from Origin Launcher and click on that orange "Play" button it acts like opening but returns me to the Origin window again. So basicly I solved it like that for now:D Just closing or opening Directx 12 and opening the game from desktop shortcut solved my problem for now. I hope it helped.

Message 35 of 56 (3,523 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

For me it was the Win 10 File Compression. The whole documents folder was compressed and after I uncompressed it the game worked fine for me.

Just right click on Documents -> Properties -> Extended -> Disable File Compression.

Message 36 of 56 (3,429 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@LazikMD Holy * this worked. I've tried everything in this thread and others. This one did it for me! Thanks!
Message 37 of 56 (3,311 Views)

★★ Novice

Weird huh? Glad it worked out for you! Cheers! 

Message 38 of 56 (3,309 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Enzyoo didn't work
Message 39 of 56 (3,289 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@repp0w same to me
Message 40 of 56 (3,290 Views)